Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roehl leaves to Tennessee State as OC

Default Re: Roehl leaves to Tennessee State as OC

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    West Fargo kid goes to Tennessee eh.
    An HBCU. Reading their message board they are excited. Good for them and good luck Roehl.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tenn St's HC has 2 years left on his contract. Looking just at W/L he's in the middle area where he's probably not at risk of being fired but also not an FBS candidate. No idea if he'll be renewed. As an eternal optimist, here's hoping TR was hired with the intent to groom him for HC when the time comes, then he comes back to NDSU in 5-10 years.

Best of luck to TR. But I'm excited for a change. I just don't think he was a very good OC. Way too predictable in almost every situation and especially when the games became challenging - he didn't know what to do so always goes back the same well of QB run.

He wanted to be at a hockey school (and UND already hired Landry).

https://tsutigers.com/news/2023/6/28...ce-hockey.aspx

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Thinking out loud....With all the players who showed support for TR to be head coach, will there be any new portal entrants?
    Great question----maybe he will take a QB now?

Roehl must have some type of liking to the Tennessee area. Tennessee State OC / wasn't he a candidate for East Tennessee State HC job a few years back?

There are a lot teams in that area - he will more than likely get hired at one of them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well, this is very odd. That is a lateral move at best, and more likely a pay cut. I know he needs to move on to move up, but I was thinking FBS position coach I guess.
    He needs this on his resume if he wants to be a head coach. May be one more stop after this at his choosing would be better.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This was a terrible move career wise. Apparently he wanted out and took the first job offer. He could have waited for a head coach job or FBS coordinator. Feel bad for him

Excited for some new blood, I wish Roehl all the best but I do get that he needs to leave to grow his career.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    This was a terrible move career wise. Apparently he wanted out and took the first job offer. He could have waited for a head coach job or FBS coordinator. Feel bad for him
    I really thought he would go the Polasek route and find a position coach job in the FBS somewhere.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.