Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denver

Default Re: Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz04 View Post
    NDSU really really sucks. Undisciplined, not smart, sloppy, uninspired.
    Lack toughness and bad defense forces the offense to play catchup.

Certainly not ideal. In the Summit you have to dominate at home and split on the road. This team isn't clicking.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Such a disappointing loss and plenty of blame to go around, most of it falls on DR. Cant even protect our home court, drop to 2-3 at home vs D1 opponents. I just dont understand some of our rotations. We go to Streit in the 2nd half and he commits a moving screen and gives up 3 buckets in a row. I like Streit's energy but he should only be playing if Morgs or Fedderson are in foul trouble or its a blowout. Our best pure shooter in Waddles cant even sniff the floor??? I assume its defense related, well guess what nobody is playing very good defense on this squad as we give up 76ppg and have a defensive rating of 316 in the country. Just when we do get things going we make critical mistakes and let the other team right back into it. Gonna struggle to win many more games this season if this play continues.
    This cost us the game in my mind. We had just finally taken the lead and Streit comes in and sets a moving screen (turnover) and then gets scored on 3 possessions in a row while Feddersen rotted on the bench. It's almost like Dave is trying to lose games, I can't comprehend it other than that. Miller was one of the few players attacking strong and yet he only played 22 minutes. Boden went back to throwing up some garbage and playing selfishly. We held the nation's leading scorer to 15 points on 5-12 shooting and 1-5 from 3 and had him visibly frustrated throughout the game and yet couldn't win because we couldn't get out of our own way. This is the most talented bad team I've ever seen, it's beyond frustrating to watch.

We came out and first 3 shots were all 3-points in the second half and not good ones either. Denver put doubles on the low post almost every time we had it down low. Still did not see us double on the low block enough and gave up way too many bunnies down low.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Post game comments from the coach: “I think we’re masking things. We do not have the level of care and understanding consistently that this group needs and I will say that loud and clear.”

“There’s talent everywhere and there’s talent in our locker room,” Richman said. “But if talent is not going to execute to our core values and principles, then it’s my job to find the guys that can and will.”

Culture. Process.
    Does he actually think about what he’s saying?
    I don’t know what HE means, but what I’m hearing is ‘ I’ve got talented players but they don’t play well’ and I can’t help them, so I will find talented players that can coach theirselves to play better.
    Perhaps at his next job review they need to go over his job description because I have a feeling the coach is responsible for bring out the best in players. They probably should clarify that winning during regular season play makes the fans happy.
    I did enjoy the second half with the score close. Their scorer didn’t score the 50 points I thought he’d score. And we didn’t get totally throttled, but still disappointed
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Post game comments from the coach: “I think we’re masking things. We do not have the level of care and understanding consistently that this group needs and I will say that loud and clear.”

“There’s talent everywhere and there’s talent in our locker room,” Richman said. “But if talent is not going to execute to our core values and principles, then it’s my job to find the guys that can and will.”

Culture. Process.
    Jesus...he beats this same dead horse over and over again after each loss. If he states it's his job to find those guys who will follow in line, it's blatantly clear that he's not doing that. Always hate to be the guy to throw the coach on the chopping block, but something has to change...this program has lost their way.

Maybe Richman should be a politician.

There’s talent everywhere and there’s talent in our locker room,” Richman said. “But if talent is not going to execute to our core values and principles, then it’s my job to find the guys that can and will.”

Culture. Process.
    I disagree with his assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Does he actually think about what he’s saying?
    I don’t know what HE means, but what I’m hearing is ‘ I’ve got talented players but they don’t play well’ and I can’t help them, so I will find talented players that can coach theirselves to play better.
    Perhaps at his next job review they need to go over his job description because I have a feeling the coach is responsible for bring out the best in players. They probably should clarify that winning during regular season play makes the fans happy.
    I did enjoy the second half with the score close. Their scorer didn’t score the 50 points I thought he’d score. And we didn’t get totally throttled, but still disappointed
    Dave has always benefited from having superior SL talent and doesn't screw them up enough to make a few SL championship games. Now that he has on par or average SL talent we are witnessing how bad of a coach and developer HC DR actually is.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am TIRED-----tired of this program----Tired of same issues that are ignored within this program

Tired of our administration looking the other way and saying its good enough

Tired of watching the product thinking will see something different-----feel bad for the players

Tired of coming to Bisonville and waiting or hoping to read about a change in this program and nothing--------