Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2024 Depth Chart Talk

Do we know if Owen Johnson will return. He looked good on a couple occasions. Not sure how his injury will affect his time-line. I really hope one of the underclassmen can help us get back to having a dynamic RB. Coaches also need to commit to making them a centerpiece of the running game.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I looked at the participation stats and Zatechka played less than most of these backups, which concerned me.

Mojo Weerts, wasnt sure where to slot him in. Was he injured? I'm sure we'll hear more about him during spring ball.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I looked at the participation stats and Zatechka played less than most of these backups, which concerned me.

Mojo Weerts, wasnt sure where to slot him in. Was he injured? I'm sure we'll hear more about him during spring ball.
    Just a thought on Zatechka. Most of the other backups had at least 2 yrs in the system, while Z would have been in his first year.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

I'm pretty sure he was injured prior to the season, if I remember correctly. I'm curious what they do with him, as when he transferred in, he was moved to DE...at his listed 6'1", 239 pounds. Do they keep him there or move him back to his natural position of LB?

The reason I brought Zatechka up was that I heard on of the outgoing OL mention him by name in a very positive way.

You gotta remember most of the players will show improvement with exerience alone

I hope Jungs role is more situational. Everyone knows Dom Jones was next in line but transferred out and there was nobody behind him who was ready and the more talented guys were still learning. Really want to see Satter or one of the young guys win the spot. We got some really talented kids who redshirted in Crumby and Taylor. Givance backs up Weisniewski and will be the next starter at SS, but maybe they could find a way to get both on the field

Sibonana could play a role at linebacker. Jaiden Pickett is talented and redshirted

This is an important offseason for our young DEs like Anene and Kelton McCaslin.

We got plenty of talent on the O-line

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You gotta remember most of the players will show improvement with exerience alone

I hope Jungs role is more situational. Everyone knows Dom Jones was next in line but transferred out and there was nobody behind him who was ready and the more talented guys were still learning. Really want to see Satter or one of the young guys win the spot. We got some really talented kids who redshirted in Crumby and Taylor. Givance backs up Weisniewski and will be the next starter at SS, but maybe they could find a way to get both on the field

Sibonana could play a role at linebacker. Jaiden Pickett is talented and redshirted

This is an important offseason for our young DEs like Anene and Kelton McCaslin.

We got plenty of talent on the O-line
    Ryan Jones will be in the conversation at safety. He played last season and hopefully those reps help him going into spring ball. Granted, he didn't look good at times, but he's one of the underclassmen who needs to step up.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Ryan Jones will be in the conversation at safety. He played last season and hopefully those reps help him going into spring ball. Granted, he didn't look good at times, but he's one of the underclassmen who needs to step up.
    Yes. I also remember Entz saying good things about true Frosh Noah Taylor at safety.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    You probably think this because you're smart and are in fact correct.
    Good thing is that TP isnt going to play games and he knows we need dudes back there. If we have young up and coming guys that are better, then Jung will have himself a nice special teams participation season and will probably get a ring and there's nothing wrong with that.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Hertz dumping 20k EVs.
    To the Transfer Portal???

As Grid Transfers?

Or being traded for a Player to be Named?