Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2024 Depth Chart Talk

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    To the Transfer Portal???

As Grid Transfers?

Or being traded for a Player to be Named?
    They're going back to the portal to get old school ICE replacements.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Good thing is that TP isnt going to play games and he knows we need dudes back there. If we have young up and coming guys that are better, then Jung will have himself a nice special teams participation season and will probably get a ring and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Another fantastic take. Some of the guys I've really loved were special teams warriors. Nothing wrong with it, special teams matters.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Do we know if Owen Johnson will return. He looked good on a couple occasions. Not sure how his injury will affect his time-line. I really hope one of the underclassmen can help us get back to having a dynamic RB. Coaches also need to commit to making them a centerpiece of the running game.
    A couple occasions?? He looked like dynamite every time he got on the field. Owen Johnson is the future at RB. He is the fastest RB on the team, and he is nearly impossible for one guy to bring down. Remains to be seen what kind of pass receiver he will be.

I watched an interview he did where he said they had him at WR as a freshman. Apparently the hands are good.
    Last edited by Alsen; 01-20-2024 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    A couple occasions?? He looked like dynamite every time he got on the field. Owen Johnson is the future at RB. He is the fastest RB on the team, and he is nearly impossible for one guy to bring down. Remains to be seen what kind of pass receiver he will be.
    You never know how a knee injury will recover and many of his yards were vs mediocre competition like Misery State. But I will say he ran really hard

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Updated my depth chart with a few changes. Still some uncertainty with the OL. GoBison lists G Zabel as a guard, M Miller as a tackle, T Fraley as a center. Interesting, thought they moved Miller to guard last year cuz he struggled with the quickness on the outside. Things could get shuffled again in fall. Makes sense to have Poncius as a backup. No depth there. We should go after the UND starter in the portal. Great opportunity for a Hegerle/Collins to step up and give us a bigger receiver.

Need some backups on defense (dline especially) to take that next step. Would love to have Zenzen be a force opposite of Hendricks. Expect a lot of guys to play on DL. Weerts/Kubitz both listed as starters as they fit different personnel groupings.

WR- E. Green C Hegerle/M Collins
    WR R. Nelson B Henderson/B Lance
    TE J. Stoffel C Williams
    LT G Zabel H Poncius
    LG M Miller G Empey
    C T Fraley J Liwienski/H Johnston
    RG D Lockerby K Chadwick
    RT J Rock H Poncius
    QB C Miller C Payton
    FB H Brozio L Hofstedt
    RB TK Marshall B Kpeenu/K Watson/M Brown
    DE H. Zenzen L Roques/M Weerts
    DT E Mostaert W Mostaert/L Larson
    NG J Duttenhefer K Huisman/K Wilson
    DE D Hendricks K Menz/K McCaslin
    WLB L Kopp M Gulley
    LB L Weerts/N Kubitz N Staehling
    SLB O Benson E Sibomana
    CB J Alexander M Shepperd
    FS S Jung T Satter
    SS C Wisnewski D Givance
    CB N Nelson J Duffie

Miller wasn't participating (was working on the side in gym clothes with the S&C coaches) but Zabel was lining up at LT with the 1s in their practice last Saturday.

really hoping to see someone at RB really step up and separate from the others. kpeenu and TK were both solid at times last year but I'd really feel better if we could get one guy to have a John Crockett kind of season.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    really hoping to see someone at RB really step up and separate from the others. kpeenu and TK were both solid at times last year but I'd really feel better if we could get one guy to have a John Crockett kind of season.
    I think with TP taking over, you're going to see a lot more power and pin/pull. Crockett murdered when he could get a full head of steam out of single back or the eye formation with his shoulders square to the line of scrimmage. We have a stable, albeit unproven, but given the chance to get in a rhythm and we may see some fireworks. However, for that to come to fruition the o-line needs to show up and start road grading people. For both of these things to happen, we need a shift in mentality. Polasek brings a different energy. He'll have the boys ready to run through a brick wall.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Polasek brings a different energy. He'll have the boys ready to run through a brick wall.
    I think that is the mentality it will take to come home from Boulder with a "V"

I think with TP taking over, you're going to see a lot more power and pin/pull. Crockett murdered when he could get a full head of steam out of single back or the eye formation with his shoulders square to the line of scrimmage. We have a stable, albeit unproven, but given the chance to get in a rhythm and we may see some fireworks. However, for that to come to fruition the o-line needs to show up and start road grading people. For both of these things to happen, we need a shift in mentality. Polasek brings a different energy. He'll have the boys ready to run through a brick wall.
    If I'm a betting man, he's still gonna do quite a bit of QB run but probably a tad less. We seem to run the ball best under center with play action. I don't think Roehl did a play action pass all last season. It was beyond frustrating

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com