Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: @ Omaha

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: @ Omaha

We are awful on defense. We have too many slow footed athletes. I said this prior to the season and got roasted on this board. We have very little athleticism and it really shows on defense.

We should play more zone but Dave almost refuses to play/teach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    We are awful on defense. We have too many slow footed athletes. I said this prior to the season and got roasted on this board. We have very little athleticism and it really shows on defense.

We should play more zone but Dave almost refuses to play/teach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I remember right Saul NEVER played zone (hardly ever). Same coaching tree I guess.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know if zone is the answer because of this league is full of great shooters. The bigger problem is Dave refuses to provide help situationally and matchup wise and it's killing us. He has Tajavis guarding their 4 man who's usually 4-6 inches taller than him but when the team dumps it down in the post against him does a guard come double or dig down at the ball, nope, does backside help come from our big, nope. They just let that guy back down for an easy 2. Happens even against our bigs and then happened when we tried to put White on Fiddler in this one, White is a great defender but Fidler is 4 inches taller and probably weighs 100 pounds more. Need to provide help when he gets inside. The good news is offensively this is the best we've been in a few years and if we executed the final play of regulation Morgan was wide open for the game winner under the basket but defensively we are bad right now and I'm not sure Dave knows how to fix it. I'm starting to think it was one of the assistants responsible for our defense in the past, Strege has come in and helped the offense a bunch, but defense has went to shit.