Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Looking Ahead to 2024

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Looking Ahead to 2024

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You should probably read post #30.

I cannot think of a single area where your second statement is true.
    It's a academically a worse and lower tier school than either NDSU or UND. It's a magnet for rich brats who can't get into a decent private school. It has no more money than any of the Dakotas.

Requirements for Admission
    The average ACT score at North Dakota State University is 24. This score makes North Dakota State University Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
    The average ACT score for admitted students to University of St Thomas is 21, while the middle 50% of students (25th to 75th percentile) score between a 18 and 24
    You all need to stop cucking yourselves for this bottom tier school for talentless losers with rich parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    It's an academically a worse and lower tier school than either NDSU or UND. It's a magnet for rich brats who can't get into a decent private school. It has no more money than any of the Dakotas.

You all need to stop cucking yourselves for this bottom tier school for talentless losers with rich parents.
    That’s funny stuff. Unfortunately the US News rankings don’t seem to agree.

What year did you say they denied you admission?
    Don't believe everything you think.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That’s funny stuff. Unfortunately the US News rankings don’t seem to agree.

What year did you say they denied you admission?
    I had the highest entrance scores in North Dakota my senior year. I got a perfect score on the GRE, and was admitted to Econ PhD programs at MIT, Harvard, Yale, NYU, Columbia, Penn, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Berkeley, as well as several lessor schools. Unfortunately for me, my admissions were dependant on having competed my masters, and UND fucked up the paperwork so badly that I was left ineligible to get my completed degree, which I why I hate that school with a white hot rage none of you can match.

I went back and got a chemical engineering degree instead.

The idea that I would debase myself by attending a glorified community college is hilarious though.

The usnrw rankings are garbage. I have demonstrated conclusively that St Thomas is an inferior university to all the Dakotas, as they recruit a lower tier student.

Remember a couple posts ago when you thought St Thomas was almost an Ivy peer? Hahahaha
    Last edited by reformedUNDfan; 01-14-2024 at 06:18 AM.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The idea that I would debase myself by attending a glorified community college is hilarious though.

The usnrw rankings are garbage. I have demonstrated conclusively that St Thomas is an inferior university to all the Dakotas, as they recruit a lower tier student.
    Sounds like you would really look down on VoTech trash......like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Sounds like you would really look down on VoTech trash......like myself.
    Votechs are great. I've taken classes there for those sorts of things. More people should be going to community colleges and state flagships and fewer to fancy degree mills.

The idea that I would debase myself by attending a glorified community college is hilarious though. What is hilarious is this statement coming from a UND grad.

The usnrw rankings are garbage. I have demonstrated conclusively that St Thomas is an inferior university to all the Dakotas, as they recruit a lower tier student. You wrote some words and put them in a quote bubble. Nice skill. But that is all you demonstrated. You failed to name a source. As far as we know your source is Twitchat.

Remember a couple posts ago when you thought St Thomas was almost an Ivy peer? Hahahaha Context matters sport. I don't think I asserted St. Thomas was an Ivy peer. Sorry if that is what you got from that. My point was that St. Thomas has deep pockets and does not give off the vibe of a school that is going to be content to muddle along in the Pioneer. We'll see.

Meanwhile, contrary to your 'out of thin air' numbers and according to USN rankings St. Thomas falls tied for #163 in national US Universities while NDSU and UND come in at 249 and 236 respectively.
    Acceptance rates: UST - 78%, NDSU - 96%, UND 83%
    4yr Grad Rates: UST - 70%, NDSU - 43%, UND - 42%
    ACT Range: UST - 21-28, NDSU - 19-25, UND 20-26
    SAT Range: UST - 1120-1350, NDSU - 968-1216, UND - 1090-1280
    Avg Alum Starting Salary: UST - $53,323, NDSU - $50,082, UND - $49,193

All data as of 2022.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...walk_id=200280

Glorified CC indeed.

USN rankings are gamed to the hilt. Saint Thomas is fine. There’s a huge and varied market for post secondary education. Different strokes for different folks.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    USN rankings are gamed to the hilt. Saint Thomas is fine. There’s a huge and varied market for post secondary education. Different strokes for different folks.
    I would guess all the various rankings are gamed and they all have their own criteria for ranking of course. I made a brief attempt to harvest a global ranking from either UK or NSW but none of the subject schools appear in those.

Do you know of a "better" ranking source? Or at least another comparison?

I would guess all the various rankings are gamed and they all have their own criteria for ranking of course. I made a brief attempt to harvest a global ranking from either UK or NSW but none of the subject schools appear in those.

Do you know of a "better" ranking source? Or at least another comparison?
    College rankings are trash. Malcom Gladwell did a whole series on it. Very interesting.

Edit - Here: https://www.pushkin.fm/podcasts/revi...f-the-rankings
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    College rankings are trash. Malcom Gladwell did a whole series on it. Very interesting.

Edit - Here: https://www.pushkin.fm/podcasts/revi...f-the-rankings
    Ugh. 42 minutes. You got a little more juicy ES than your single sentence intro here?