Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gdt @ kc

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gdt @ kc

Bison win 92 to 91.

Their announcer kept calling Tajavis Miller - Mitchell which was extremely annoying. Bison pulled one out even though they messed up a bit at the end.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Just looking at the box score, missed FTs nearly cost us this game. Team shot 16-30. Every single player shot 50%, except Miller, who was 4-6.

We're not good enough to shoot that poorly from the line and win consistently.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Also, what point was Dave trying to make by bringing Morgan off the bench AFTER Streit?

At least it looks like Burke got a few more minutes.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Also, what point was Dave trying to make by bringing Morgan off the bench AFTER Streit?

At least it looks like Burke got a few more minutes.
    Morgs must have taken Boden's spot in doghouse. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Morgs must have taken Boden's spot in doghouse. lol
    This is the only logical explanation. Good news is Feddersen played great early and then Morgs played his ass off in the 2nd half. Streit sucked as usual.

Just looking at the box score, missed FTs nearly cost us this game. Team shot 16-30. Every single player shot 50%, except Miller, who was 4-6.
    We're not good enough to shoot that poorly from the line and win consistently.
    Free throws were absolutely killer, we got in the bonus with 12:35 to go in the 2nd half and couldn't execute at the line, we shoot even 70% from the FT line we win in regulation. Helluva game, KC is a tough place to win, hopefully didn't use up the tank in this one and have plenty left to beat Omaha tomorrow.

Other than the BS with Morgs early I did like our player rotation in the one, Burke with some extended minutes and Dissette had some good run as well. I was a little worried when DWT fouled out that we weren't going to get it done but Miller and White stepped up big to help us grind it out.

The thing that has been killing this team all year is there inability to defend. Statistically, the Bison are one of the worst teams in the country defensively.

As a whole, they have not been good on D and individually, Morgs has been the worst. I watch every game and there is no other way of putting it...he is a horrible defender. On top of that, he has not been a great rebounder either.

Now I don't know if that is why he was on the bench, but Coach Richman loves defense and rebounding and my guess is that he was trying to send the message to Morgs that he needs to do both. Again, if you watched the game last night, it definitely sent a message as that was one of the teams better defensive games this year (from a FG shooting percentage standpoint) and they actually outrebounded a KC team that came in leading the conference in rebounding. So you can mock or disagree with what coach did but it seemed to have an impact.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Congrats on this win to the team and coaches. Better put a half hour of FT practice in the routine. Or try the under handed method starting at the knees like Ollie in Hoosiers. Nervous is not an excuse.
    Let's Go Bison!!!