Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Saban Vs NDSU

Default Re: Nick Saban Vs NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I think it actually makes a lot of sense. If you want to limit crazy movement you need to find ways to make it less appealing. They could do what they have done for FBS and add a huge fee. Or do like some conferences do and add an exit fee. I like the post-season ban because it doesn't cost the school any money directly, but it makes them think long and hard if the move is worthwhile. There are all kinds of incentives and disincentives for many things in life. This is just another example.
    Makes sense. Penalize the kids for the adults’ decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

But are they kids now again? I was told they were employees now.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    But are they kids now again? I was told they were employees now.
    Less than 1% of college athletes get any NIL money, and 0% of kids playing on teams that are in the lower divisions.

Tangent aside, penalizing the kids who committed to the program because the President and AD have big plans is hardly productive.

Like saying “you can have this promotion but we’re gonna freeze the rest of your team’s wages.”
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Makes sense. Penalize the kids for the adults’ decision.
    Welcome to the real world. I've worked for companies that had various bad things happen that directly affected me, but I had nothing to do with the incident or decision. Bad acquisitions that led to big losses and layoffs. Reorgs to appease a new leader that put me with a new boss that had no idea what my team did. Loss of a client that resulted in a cut in pay. Failure to budget resources for a project led to a cancelation of a contract and ultimately my job. All mistakes by other people.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Welcome to the real world. I've worked for companies that had various bad things happen that directly affected me, but I had nothing to do with the incident or decision. Bad acquisitions that led to big losses and layoffs. Reorgs to appease a new leader that put me with a new boss that had no idea what my team did. Loss of a client that resulted in a cut in pay. Failure to budget resources for a project led to a cancelation of a contract and ultimately my job. All mistakes by other people.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Right, but none of those appeared to be punitive for the sake of being punitive. There is only so much money to go around so if a financial issue comes up at a company, people are going to be affected. This is people in power holding student athletes’ careers hostage as a way to keep other universities from moving up and taking their share of the pie.

Make it so that when teams move up they have to pay a few million bucks and then take that money to run a better tournament for non revenue sports or put it in a scholarship fund. But they don’t do that because that takes money out of the hands of the administrators. Benefit the student athletes? Ha, what do you think the NCAA is for, anyway?
    *one day later*

Less than 1% of college athletes get any NIL money, and 0% of kids playing on teams that are in the lower divisions.

Tangent aside, penalizing the kids who committed to the program because the President and AD have big plans is hardly productive.

Like saying “you can have this promotion but we’re gonna freeze the rest of your team’s wages.”
    To be clear, I don't like a lot of the NCAA rules like that either.

I was more reacting to the desire to want kids to be free agent employees "doh, if the coaches can leave, the kids should be able to as well" but then at the same time be coddled like kids. NIL percentage isn't relevant to that contradiction.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Make it so that when teams move up they have to pay a few million bucks and then take that money to run a better tournament for non revenue sports or put it in a scholarship fund.
    That sounds like redistribution of wealth.
    Absolutely not!
    Nobody is donating to a football program so the chess club can get new pocket protectors.
    If they venture down that path they will lose even more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    To be clear, I don't like a lot of the NCAA rules like that either.

I was more reacting to the desire to want kids to be free agent employees "doh, if the coaches can leave, the kids should be able to as well" but then at the same time be coddled like kids. NIL percentage isn't relevant to that contradiction.
    I think it’s a big stretch to say that not arbitrarily taking their postseasons away is coddling them.

As far as the rest of the NIL and transfer stuff, if you like collegiate athletics so much why are you angry that the athletes are fighting for their position?

Athletic administrators have been expanding their power exponentially during all of this and no one seems to bat an eye at that. If you think collegiate athletics is being ruined, start with them. They are the reason conferences are imploding, NIL $ is concentrating the power into the hands of the few, etc. Athletes are just the pawns and a minuscule, minuscule amount will take home more than you or I will this year.
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    That sounds like redistribution of wealth.
    Absolutely not!
    Nobody is donating to a football program so the chess club can get new pocket protectors.
    If they venture down that path they will lose even more fans.
    You’re right. Instead what they should do is take the money and give it to the administrators. I mean they already do it with the TV revenue, state money and booster donations. Why tear down the facade of who is supposed to benefit from the non profit that is the NCAA. Redistribution of wealth is only bad when it’s going down the ladder, but redistributing it up to management is completely fine.

Man I swear there is a significant amount of people that feel like athletes should have to compensate the schools for being an athlete lol
    Last edited by NDSU92; 01-12-2024 at 12:43 PM.
    *one day later*

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You’re right. Instead what they should do is take the money and give it to the administrators. I mean they already do it with the TV revenue, state money and booster donations. Why tear down the facade of who is supposed to benefit from the non profit that is the NCAA. Redistribution of wealth is only bad when it’s going down the ladder, but redistributing it up to management is completely fine.

Man I swear there is a significant amount of people that feel like athletes should have to compensate the schools for being an athlete lol
    What in particular are you mad about? What is the money being spent on that you don't agree with?