Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nick Saban Vs NDSU

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nick Saban Vs NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    OK, you might want to bookmark this for being one of the dumbest takes in the history of Bisonville (drum roll):

I think with the NIL is going to hurt of lot of power programs while benefiting others. My reasoning is that many of these schools had unscrupulous boosters giving recruits and their families relatively small amounts of money, cars, or real estate. Now that advantage is gone. And if your football program is in a state like Alabama with a bottom 5 median household income, then the football program is going to have to rely on big donors. But what do the very wealthy want more than anything else? More money and more power, that's what. They get neither by donating to an NIL (and I think there should be big pushback on making this a tax shelter) - and we're talking a lot of money every year forever.

I just don't think that huge NILs are going to be sustainable - I mean, minor league pro teams don't get boosters handing out millions every year, so I wouldn't expect that a college-branded semi-pro football league of 64 teams would either in the long run. And if they go the super level of college football, you'd think that there'd be one TV deal, not one for each conference which would be another advantage gone for SEC schools. Not to mention that if grandpa starts pissing away their grandkids' inheritances on this kind of stuff, things could get ugly in a hurry.
    One of the best posts in the Transfer Portal era. The "huge NIL not sustainable" approach is really important to note.

The "grandpa pissing away inheritance" makes me laugh (ruefully). Going back generations of our family, when the "will is read" every time, it pisses off at least somebody. And when my own will is read someday, there will be a whole lot of hurt! LOL. Good post, Tony!.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    One of the best posts in the Transfer Portal era. The "huge NIL not sustainable" approach is really important to note.

The "grandpa pissing away inheritance" makes me laugh (ruefully). Going back generations of our family, when the "will is read" every time, it pisses off at least somebody. And when my own will is read someday, there will be a whole lot of hurt! LOL. Good post, Tony!.

You're not leaving everything to Friskie, your cat, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    You're not leaving everything to Friskie, your cat, are you?
    Nope, because I cannot. They don't have a social security number. But I do believe pet rescue organizations would be very eligible to receive proceeds.

EDIT: One of my favorite sayings is "the more I get to know people, the more I love my cat." (or dog).

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I do believe pet rescue organizations would be very eligible to receive proceeds.
    A very worthy recipient of any kind of charity that you can give!

Nope, because I cannot. They don't have a social security number. But I do believe pet rescue organizations would be very eligible to receive proceeds.

EDIT: One of my favorite sayings is "the more I get to know people, the more I love my cat." (or dog).
    Research - Revocable Trust. Your pets don’t need no stinkin SSN*. Just a reliable trustee.

* I think. Not a lawyer.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Research - Revocable Trust. Your pets don’t need no stinkin SSN*. Just a reliable trustee.

* I think. Not a lawyer.
    I knew I could count on the BV smart/money man poster to figure it out. (Actually from an actuarial point of view, the current cats will not survive me anyway. Sadly, our pets do not have long enough lives.)

But pet rescue organizations will spread the money further and for more little neglected animals.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    A very worthy recipient of any kind of charity that you can give!
    I am going to suggest---if you are going to donate donate to your local rescue organization. National organizations use your money for political ideologys. So actual local rescues wont be helped. So give LOCALLY.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I am going to suggest---if you are going to donate donate to your local rescue organization. National organizations use your money for political ideologys. So actual local rescues wont be helped. So give LOCALLY.

Agreed 100%. We have excellent pet rescues in Fargo, one that I have dealt with personally but thanks for the comments/reminders.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

* I think. Not a lawyer.
    I'm happy as long as I get the train set. Oh, wait. I already have that.
    It's OK to not be OK.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed 100%. We have excellent pet rescues in Fargo, one that I have dealt with personally but thanks for the comments/reminders.
    Not only are they great they are helping fight the wild-dog problem that afflicts several areas of the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.