Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
OK, you might want to bookmark this for being one of the dumbest takes in the history of Bisonville (drum roll):

I think with the NIL is going to hurt of lot of power programs while benefiting others. My reasoning is that many of these schools had unscrupulous boosters giving recruits and their families relatively small amounts of money, cars, or real estate. Now that advantage is gone. And if your football program is in a state like Alabama with a bottom 5 median household income, then the football program is going to have to rely on big donors. But what do the very wealthy want more than anything else? More money and more power, that's what. They get neither by donating to an NIL (and I think there should be big pushback on making this a tax shelter) - and we're talking a lot of money every year forever.

I just don't think that huge NILs are going to be sustainable - I mean, minor league pro teams don't get boosters handing out millions every year, so I wouldn't expect that a college-branded semi-pro football league of 64 teams would either in the long run. And if they go the super level of college football, you'd think that there'd be one TV deal, not one for each conference which would be another advantage gone for SEC schools. Not to mention that if grandpa starts pissing away their grandkids' inheritances on this kind of stuff, things could get ugly in a hurry.
One of the best posts in the Transfer Portal era. The "huge NIL not sustainable" approach is really important to note.

The "grandpa pissing away inheritance" makes me laugh (ruefully). Going back generations of our family, when the "will is read" every time, it pisses off at least somebody. And when my own will is read someday, there will be a whole lot of hurt! LOL. Good post, Tony!.