Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Endowments

Default Re: Endowments

Fully endowing seems doable over the next several years is that is the focus area now as suggested by the article.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The way I read your post it sounds like you’re saying we don’t offer 63 scholarships in football. Fully endowing the scholarship fund would not give us more scholarships to allocate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That's not what he's saying. He's saying the endowments don't pay for all 63 scholarships. TMs has to annually raise the money to pay for the rest.
    Yep. We really need to get that Athletics Endowment up from 71 million to 125 million, which will pay 100% of scholarships, so Teammakers can focus on facilities instead of scholarships

In the meantime, the collective can provide supplemental income to players, above and beyond the 63 for football and what Teammakers does

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Fully endowing seems doable over the next several years is that is the focus area now as suggested by the article.
    The article is from June of 2022 so I would imagine it's gone up slightly over the last 17 months. But the market did drop a bit (8%) at the end of 2022 after a 12% gain in 2021. But it all evens out long term. Not sure how 2023 ended but I think it was awesome

Still gotta get that indoor softball hitting facility built. Dacotah Field is apparently getting some rennovations too

Not to beat a dead horse but we blew an opportunity to get the dome upgraded. The next vote will probably be in June. No football or basketball games. Very few students on campus. If they want it to pass, they have to go November

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The article is from June of 2022 so I would imagine it's gone up slightly over the last 17 months. But the market did drop a bit (8%) at the end of 2022 after a 12% gain in 2021. But it all evens out long term. Not sure how 2023 ended but I think it was awesome

Still gotta get that indoor softball hitting facility built. Dacotah Field is apparently getting some rennovations too

Not to beat a dead horse but we blew an opportunity to get the dome upgraded. The next vote will probably be in June. No football or basketball games. Very few students on campus. If they want it to pass, they have to go November
    They're gonna be up against the $600 million dollar schools plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Both are important but we grew the athletics endowment and built an IPF while competing with the foundations biggest fund raiser in school history. It wasnt even a primary focus

If we can raise an extra $50 million and hit that $125 million goal, it will do wonders for Teammakers, The Collective and facilities. We gotta spend the TM revenue on something. Could be anything from an athletics village to player housing to anything we can imagine

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Both are important but we grew the athletics endowment and built an IPF while competing with the foundations biggest fund raiser in school history. It wasnt even a primary focus

If we can raise an extra $50 million and hit that $125 million goal, it will do wonders for Teammakers, The Collective and facilities. We gotta spend the TM revenue on something. Could be anything from an athletics village to player housing to anything we can imagine
    I was referring to the dome plan. No way do the voters pass that and the schools plan while already paying for the diversion and the parks indoor facility.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

I heard Kevin was getting an "endowment" or was that "enhancement?"

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I heard Kevin was getting an "endowment" or was that "enhancement?"
    U heard because I told u stop acting like u have a source bro.

Lakes has all the sources and Tony banned him in a fit of simp rage.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was referring to the dome plan. No way do the voters pass that and the schools plan while already paying for the diversion and the parks indoor facility.
    Assuming we go FBS we will need a lot more than 125 million to endow scholarships. It would be amazing to get that done before making that move so that Team Makers can focus on coaching salaries instead of scholarships. I know it's a dead horse in here, but the next fundraising campaign absolutely needs to include building a proper MWC level basketball facility. We are now miles behind USD and SDSU post Frost renovations.

That's pretty much dead on arrival as far as I can tell from talking to all my family and friends in Fargo. They're going to try another low turnout off cycle election to try to slide it through but it's very unlikely.