Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Chickens before they are hatched.....

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Chickens before they are hatched.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Randini View Post
    Was it Walter Piehl
    No, another poster said Steve Waagen. That's who I was thinking of but couldn't remember the name. Dick Ryan....yes! I knew an old NE Tiger like you would have the answer! Didn't know he was recruited by Wooden. Did he play college ball anywhere?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    No, another poster said Steve Waagen. That's who I was thinking of but couldn't remember the name. Dick Ryan....yes! I knew an old NE Tiger like you would have the answer! Didn't know he was recruited by Wooden. Did he play college ball anywhere?
    I don't know that name.

Lardsin must go!

What’s happened to all the chickens?
    Don't believe everything you think.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    What’s happened to all the chickens?
    They're in Fedora!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    That would be Tommy who resides in bottineau. There is a turtle in Dunseith made of tires.
    During my forest service days I traveled the whole eastern part of nd. Canada to SD to Streeter, Kulm and further west if need be.
    Haha I know. I see Tommy every day. The other to the east isn’t as friendly.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    What I want to know is - are you close to Turtle Mountain Animal Rescue? That place is highly, highly respected by many of us who love dogs. Such wonderful work they do. They are known far and wide.
    Yep, they are located about 3 miles east of Dunseith. They just built a huge facility on the south side of Hwy 5.

The best time to visit the Turtle Mountains is the second/third week of September. Leaves are full color and trees are still holding all of their leaves.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Yep, they are located about 3 miles east of Dunseith. They just built a huge facility on the south side of Hwy 5.

The best time to visit the Turtle Mountains is the second/third week of September. Leaves are full color and trees are still holding all of their leaves.
    I am THRILLED to hear that facility was built. I know they had been fundraising for it for years. Turtle Mountain Rescue does incredible work rescuing animals. Everyone who loves animals usually knows about their rescue organization. Years ago when I was in volunteer historic preservation, I purchased a plate depicting the old Coghlan Castle near St. John. I still want to get up to the Peace Garden. Jamestown is my birthplace. Now I want to see more of NoDak.

Maybe a tour of the Enchanted Highway or the turtle near Dunseith awaits me. Do they have any CHICKENS made out of old tin cans???

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Randini View Post
    Was it Walter Piehl
    It seems to me he is a North Dakota artist who is famous for western art?

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    That would be Tommy who resides in bottineau. There is a turtle in Dunseith made of tires.
    During my forest service days I traveled the whole eastern part of nd. Canada to SD to Streeter, Kulm and further west if need be.
    Haha I know. I see Tommy every day. The other to the east isn’t as friendly.

b
    Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Dick Ryan was a senior in 1970 and helped lead NE St. Marys to the Class B state title by defeating Belcourt 54 to 53. Gerard Baker also played on that NE team. Later on in life, Baker had a career with the national park service serving as superintendent of the Little Big Horn Battlefield and Mount Rushmore.