Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: GDT vs Montana

Default Re: GDT vs Montana

I’m not real fond of the whole:
    -being vague about what happened other than saying it was a ‘non academic’ and not an ‘off court’ issue
    -making a comment about “if Boden wants back on the team” (assigning blame to boden…whatever the issue was)
    -and then doing this through the newspaper to announce something happened (didn’t need to be public). Sure people would have noticed he wasn’t playing, but you could downplay whatever it was so as to not draw attention to it.

Maybe whatever happened did require discipline. It could have been boden’s fault, it could have been richman’s fault, but most likely it was probably a little bit of both. But the way it all went down, it’s all one sided, and keep in mind, there have been many many many player and assistant coach departures from the team prior to the transfer portal being a “thing.

Obviously I hope Boden comes back. He developed into a nice player since arriving and is needed on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    I’m not real fond of the whole:
    -being vague about what happened other than saying it was a ‘non academic’ and not an ‘off court’ issue
    -making a comment about “if Boden wants back on the team” (assigning blame to boden…whatever the issue was)
    -and then doing this through the newspaper to announce something happened (didn’t need to be public). Sure people would have noticed he wasn’t playing, but you could downplay whatever it was so as to not draw attention to it.

Maybe whatever happened did require discipline. It could have been boden’s fault, it could have been richman’s fault, but most likely it was probably a little bit of both. But the way it all went down, it’s all one sided, and keep in mind, there have been many many many player and assistant coach departures from the team prior to the transfer portal being a “thing.

Obviously I hope Boden comes back. He developed into a nice player since arriving and is needed on the court.
    I’m not sure I could play for or trust a coach that airs my laundry in public. Embarrassing some one in public seldom brings good results.
    I wonder how much respect his parents will have going forward. He’s not here tonight and it is a private issue would have been ok by me. Instead we all wondered what he did. If I don’t read about it in the papers crime report, do I really need to know?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Pretty big opinions for not knowing exactly what happened
    Has Dave ever done this before?
    Was Paul miller during his time or Saul’s?
    I know millers was deserved so I’m guessing this was as well
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Pretty big opinions for not knowing exactly what happened
    Has Dave ever done this before?
    Was Paul miller during his time or Saul’s?
    I know millers was deserved so I’m guessing this was as well
    Miller never played under Saul.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    On Hot Mic Izzo thinks it's less than 50% Boden comes back. Not that it means anything.
    Starting to wonder how big of pot stirrer Izzo is becoming? Trying to stir up drama. Between predicting that Skunberg has less than a 50% chance of coming back and him ranting for 2 weeks that there will be a large number of portal entries for our football team. There ended up being barely any. Skunberg literally plays in the next game.

The guy just trying to gain clicks and views? I mean you would think the TV play-by-play for both sports wouldn't be so bold with his predictions. You would think he would be in the know on some of this stuff? Maybe coaches are sick of telling him things.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Starting to wonder how big of pot stirrer Izzo is becoming? Trying to stir up drama. Between predicting that Skunberg has less than a 50% chance of coming back and him ranting for 2 weeks that there will be a large number of portal entries for our football team. There ended up being barely any. Skunberg literally plays in the next game.

The guy just trying to gain clicks and views? I mean you would think the TV play-by-play for both sports wouldn't be so bold with his predictions. You would think he would be in the know on some of this stuff? Maybe coaches are sick of telling him things.
    That's basically it. He's become one of the worst attention whores since getting WDAY the media rights deal. I suppose he has to try to justify it to his bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post

Hes not a great analysis guy. His predictions usually arent very good.

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Hes not a great analysis guy. His predictions usually arent very good.
    I am just saying that you would think that someone in communication with the coaching staffs as much as he is wouldn't make the statements or predictions he does. I feel like he is just trying to put stuff in the news.

The whole last week of football season before Montana all he wanted to talk about was the transfer portal. Not the game or coaching change.

Last week says it is less than a 50% chance that Boden comes back. He literally plays in the next game.

If I was a coach at NDSU I wouldn't be telling the guy anything. He seems to know it all.