Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT vs Montana

Default Re: GDT vs Montana

Finally showing some fight
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

So if Skunberg has no academic or off-court issues that means it is practice or game issues. Some very bad defense tonight by the Bison. Jaquari White got burned a whole bunch tonight.

Is Skunberg in a classroom somewhere on campus writing "I will value the culture and be a better teammate" 1000 times on a chalkboard.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

36 for Moody.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

At least we have culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Culture that has a non recruited North Dakota native light them up for 36

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Culture and a process we're supposed to trust; what culture? and I'm damn sick of the process.......3 days in March.....yahoo.....

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Culture that has a non recruited North Dakota native light them up for 36
    You don’t think we recruited him?! Ok! Ha!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Game seemed to have sloppy first couple minutes and we never fully recovered. Turnovers on missed passes…a guy cuts just as a pass is thrown…a long pass out of bounds on a pick and roll…ball stolen in the lane, etc. Montana did a nice job of answering all our runs. Moody played great…pure shooter, but honestly he has a punky attitude sometimes. Seems like he enjoys beating NDSU, and cocking off to fans, simply because his siblings went here and he didn’t? I respect his play, but he could improve his demeanor.

Good luck to Montana basketball the rest of the season. I fear NDSU basketball might have peaked already with the wins over Montana and SJSU.

This was like the exact opposite of the game that was played at Montana a couple of weeks ago. We came out firing then had to hold to win the game against their press/pressure. Just like us trying to make it a game in the 2nd half.

We shot 55% from 2 and 43% from 3 and still lost.... that is not good omen for future of the season. Last game we got killed on the boards and this game we couldn't stop dribble penetration. Our on-ball defense was not good tonight. It seemed like we were a step slow all game.

Some of my observations from the game.
    1592 attendance - a small crowd for a pretty good home game with Montana.

White is getting wore down if we are playing him 35+ minutes. At the of this game - he looked gassed to me. I understand why we had him coming off the bench to try to save him for the stretch runs.
    He had a switch on defense where he didn't get out the 3 point shooter to contest just stood in the paint looking like a lost puppy.
    With a minute to go he took one dribble to the baseline and shot an 18 foot jump shot that barely hit the rim.

We made an in-game adjustment to go to a 2-3 in the 2nd half the first possession we gave up a wide open 3 to Moody from the wing (his favorite shot) after one ball reversal. Not great execution. If I was coaching, I would have been furious. We had to call a time-out to get our guys organized to run a 2-3. It didn't look to me that we practice much zone defense which isn't after watching our team over the years.
    We could've used Boden experience today.

So they go into the last non-conference game against EWU, with a non-con record of 4-7 against D1 teams, with all 7 losses by double digits.

That doesn't seem great, especially when they're not playing P5 teams and playing against what you would hope would be peer mid majors.