Thread: Marwa Bedziri and Kristina Ekofo-Yomane

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Marwa Bedziri and Kristina Ekofo-Yomane

I noticed these two were not on the road trip to USD, they have now been removed from the roster on gobison.com, we are now down to 10 players on the roster after Grace Massaquoi hit the portal 2 weeks ago. KEY seemed to be struggling after being a nice piece last year but losing Marwa really sucks, I think she had a ton of potential and just needed to get adjusted to the speed and physicality of the game a bit more. Depth now a bit of a concern for the rest of the season, the only good news is it opens room for Jory to land some more recruits which he's been crushing lately, just sucks this happened midseason.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Marwa Bedziri and Kristina Ekofo-Yomane

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I noticed these two were not on the road trip to USD, they have now been removed from the roster on gobison.com, we are now down to 10 players on the roster after Grace Massaquoi hit the portal 2 weeks ago. KEY seemed to be struggling after being a nice piece last year but losing Marwa really sucks, I think she had a ton of potential and just needed to get adjusted to the speed and physicality of the game a bit more. Depth now a bit of a concern for the rest of the season, the only good news is it opens room for Jory to land some more recruits which he's been crushing lately, just sucks this happened midseason.
    But it seems to be an issue. Something isn't working when girls keep transfering. Jory has had a LOT of girls leave....Especially during the season...

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    But it seems to be an issue. Something isn't working when girls keep transfering. Jory has had a LOT of girls leave....Especially during the season...
    He does, but I think a reason for that his recruiting is getting better and younger players are outperforming older players. People's pride get hurt and realize playing time is going down.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Definitely keeping the team photographer busy.

The guy can absolutely coach...kids are going to come and go. It sounds like he has his 10 girls that want to be there who can handle it. He will now continue to recruit the girls who fit his style and his program. It has been a long time since NDSU Women's Basketball has been relevant and it is great to see! I would also venture to say that he will "embrace" the portal if needed and find some athletes looking to become Bison as well.

Looks like Kristina was a mental health issue and Marwa had a family matter back in Sweden and there is discussion of her coming back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Logan Campbell has this article out this afternoon - https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ddle-of-season

According to Collins, Bedrize decided to return to Sweden due to a family matter and Ekofo-Yomane departed due to mental health reasons.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Logan Campbell has this article out this afternoon - https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ddle-of-season

According to Collins, Bedrize decided to return to Sweden due to a family matter and Ekofo-Yomane departed due to mental health reasons.
    Well hope they both are able to get by the issues in front of them in their personal lives. They are young and have a lot of life ahead of themselves.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post

I was encouraged to read in the article that they are leaving the door open to Bedziri potentially returning next season, like I said originally I think she has a ton of potential. Family always comes first.

Ekofo-Yomane leaving for mental health reasons makes what I've seen make sense, she has not seemed like herself all season, she used to play the game with such joy and that has been missing, she seemed out of shape and when when I went to practice before the season I even noticed Jory would try to coach her hard like everyone else and then have to let up because she would just hang her head and walk away. Hopefully she gets whatever help she needs, she seems like such a great person so hope she gets things turned around for herself and wish her the best.