Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Default Re: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    EXACTLY----- WIN in games you aren't suppose to----whats his record vs. SDSU record vs. FBS

Zone read rushing TD's where he keeps 99% of time ----inflated

Captain Check Down DOES NOT BELONG ON THIS LIST
    El chapo typing classes I see nice work
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    El chapo typing classes I see nice work
    He's not wrong though...

EXACTLY----- WIN in games you aren't suppose to----whats his record vs. SDSU record vs. FBS

Yeah—those TDs from the option-years QBs are inflated too.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Looking at the names I think Steve Walker gave us as many memories as the other guys did. Sadly we just weren't playoff eligible at the time or he'd have had a few rings as well.

What a stone cold motherfucker tho
    Spot on. Unfortunately, this will be the most underrated comment in this thread.

Jeff Bentrim, Chris Simdorn and Kevin Feeney are #1, 3 and 4 respectively, in all time rushing TD’s for NDSU. They scored those TD’s as option quarterbacks in the veer. Cam Miller is #9 all time in rushing TD’s but likely surpasses Kevin Feeney as #4 all time. Somehow his rushing TD’s are invalided because they come out of zone read option as opposed to triple option?

Really don’t understand your logic at all…..

In his only FBS game, Cam Miller had a passing TD, rushing TD and a whopping total of 2 incompletions against Arizona. They were up 4 with 2 minutes left in that game. Wasn’t aware he played defense which allowed Arizona to go the length of the field and score. Cam Miller’s record against SDSU, compared to the other QB’s on this list, is far more a reflection on where SDSU is, as a whole program, compared to NDSU now versus the other tenure timelines for the other Bison greats.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Jeff Bentrim, Chris Simdorn and Kevin Feeney are #1, 3 and 4 respectively, in all time rushing TD’s for NDSU. They scored those TD’s as option quarterbacks in the veer. Cam Miller is #9 all time in rushing TD’s but likely surpasses Kevin Feeney as #4 all time. Somehow his rushing TD’s are invalided because they come out of zone read option as opposed to triple option?

Really don’t understand your logic at all…..

In his only FBS game, Cam Miller had a passing TD, rushing TD and a whopping total of 2 incompletions against Arizona. They were up 4 with 2 minutes left in that game. Wasn’t aware he played defense which allowed Arizona to go the length of the field and score. Cam Miller’s record against SDSU, compared to the other QB’s on this list, is far more a reflection on where SDSU is, as a whole program, compared to NDSU now versus the other tenure timelines for the other Bison greats.
    I disagree with the SDSU stuff, Defense was the only differentiator in the last 2 years. Offense was on par at least.

Agree on Cam. He’s underrated for sure, just not top 5, IMO…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Looking at the names I think Steve Walker gave us as many memories as the other guys did. Sadly we just weren't playoff eligible at the time or he'd have had a few rings as well.

What a stone cold motherfucker tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Spot on. Unfortunately, this will be the most underrated comment in this thread.
    Not if we give it the cred it deserves.

I still don’t think Walker cracks the top 5, but that’s more of a credit to our other QBs than a knock on Steve…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Who are they? I wish I could do a poll. I aw some work buddies doing this and they are Iowa alumni, and I swear I only recognized like 1 or 2 names on their list. I can't imagne NDSU having a worse list than Iowa.

Easton Stick
    Brock Jenson
    Jeff Bentrim
    Chris Simdorn
    Steve Walker
    Carson Wentz

Trey Lance(?)
    Kevin Feeney(?)
    Arden Beachy(?)

I wouldn't even know how to rank. So easy to look at the stats and completely miss on the dudes that ran the option back in the day. Bentrim and Simdorn were unbelievable. Arden Beachy was good if I remember but he had a shortened career.
    I'd put Bruce Grasamke and Terry Hanson from the mid to late 60s on this list easily... and Cam Miller... who is in the top 5 in most of the passing categories. He's the all-time leader in completion percentage.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I wonder what people who think our offense is predictable today would have thought about NDSU's triple option. In 1986, Bentrim averaged 5 completions per game, and NDSU ran it over 80% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I wonder what people who think our offense is predictable today would have thought about NDSU's triple option. In 1986, Bentrim averaged 5 completions per game, and NDSU ran it over 80% of the time.
    It's a really good point Tony. As for me... I'd say that the veer offense was much less predictable. Deception is what it was all about. Bentrim is the best option quarterback that I've seen in my life. Better than the old Oklahoma, Nebraska & Texas teams. Better than the military academies. Those five passes were often big plays and wide open because the defenses completely sold out to the run. It was a thrill to watch each play as it unfolded. Dive? Counter? Early pitch? Last second pitch? Pitch after gaining yards? Simdorn was great too. What I see now is personnel packages that project what's coming. Easy read for the defenses.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.