Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Default Re: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Who was the best QB to play the game. Leadership, career, Bison IT factor. Stick, Jensen. Bentrim, Walker, Simdorm, Wentz.

Good list. 1 and 2 are no brainers but 3-5 could arguably be flipped

Also if you only stay for 1 year, you really don't have a the same type of legacy IMO. Makes me wonder what Trey would have done if he stayed for a few more years after the best individual season.

Wentz only played 1-1/2 seasons but really helped Easton as a freshman when he broke his hand and he stuck it out despite being behind Brock Jensen. Plus he has stayed active with the Bison program even after an NFL career. That is meaningful

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Asterisk for *Easy Esley Thorton

Behind 2 great talents and finally decided the qb battle in the 2014 Natty against Illinois State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Asterisk for *Easy Esley Thorton

Behind 2 great talents and finally decided the qb battle in the 2014 Natty against Illinois State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also think wentz greatly pushed Jensen. I mean Jensen junior year most on here were extremely frustrated with his play and people did mention wentz replacing him as a consideration after the Indiana state game. He turned it around later in the season but it was a rough stretch with Jensen that year.

So many great QBs and all for some different reasons. We needed wentz to be extremely clutch several times to win that first title and he destroyed Iowa state that year. Jensen was unreal against KSU and the gophers. Walker was fantastic against numerous FBS opponents. Stick was unreal to help us beat Iowa and it would have been so fun to see Trey play at Oregon. Covid really impacted Trey and the fun we all could have had that year watching Lance and watson and company.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Stick was unreal to help us beat Iowa and it would have been so fun to see Trey play at Oregon. Covid really impacted Trey and the fun we all could have had that year watching Lance and watson and company.
    Every time I think of how NCAA over-reacted to the chinah flu I get pissed off. Bison were robbed of so much by the poor decisions made.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Every time I think of how NCAA over-reacted to the chinah flu I get pissed off. Bison were robbed of so much by the poor decisions made.
    Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl discovered the Baken. Matt and Matt made covid eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Everyone over-reacted and many suffered because of poor decisions

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Yep, I was also thinking Grasamke and Hansen. Also Mike Bentson.
    Bruce Grasamke never lost a game as a starting QB at NDSU. Yes, I’d include him.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bruce was also a very fine golfer. probably
    a 3 or 4 handicap. Back in the day those of
    us on the Teammaker Board wanted to hire
    Bruce as our Executive Director. Bob Entzon
    hired don Morton under our nosed. Bruce had
    the personality that Don lacked. Don, however
    is a fine man. Has done well for himself.