Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Well that's a new one
    Oh man, am I dating myself again! LOL

The term "high cotton" or "tall cotton" originates from the rural farming community in the antebellum (pre-Civil War) when "high cotton" meant that the crops were good and the prices, were, too. The term has generalized to mean one is doing well or is successful. From Wiktionary.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I remember that day. I also remember thinking the hit was kinda dirty, but I could be misremembering that part…
    I remember it........It was a cheapie; the contact was at the knee; in today's game, the hit would be flagged.

too new as a fan to give top 10 but in my 15 years I have to put:

Easton Stick -- come on the guy was lights out whenever you needed it
    Brock Jenson -- So close between Easton and Brock, this is 1b by a hair
    Carson Wentz -- better NFL QB than the rest but as a bison QB didn't have enough film to show he was a better college QB
    Steve Walker

Chronologically...

Speral
    Bentrim
    Simdorn
    Beachy
    Feeney
    Walker
    Jensen
    Wentz
    Stick
    Lance

Quite frankly I’m a little surprised nobody has said Cam Miller. I’d put him on the list before Feeney. Top 4 in completions, yards and passing TD’s. He has the highest career completion percentage in NDSU history and is 5th all time in passing efficiency. He’s also 9th all time in rushing TD’s. Assuming he stays healthy, he should end up #4 in that category surpassing Feeney next year. He has played in two national championship games, winning one.

People complain about him, but he just has a tough distinction of following a lot of great QB’s over the last 15 years. With that being said, he is one of the best to do it at NDSU.

I like Cam Miller and would definitely consider him even with another year. I was never a huge Feeney fan but he played on what felt like some of the absolute worst NDSU defensive teams I can ever remember.

Really hard to compare stats between the 2. Feebey played at a time they were rolling out of an option based program to a more spread based. But yea I would maybe consider Cam or Feeney.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Quite frankly I’m a little surprised nobody has said Cam Miller. I’d put him on the list before Feeney. Top 4 in completions, yards and passing TD’s. He has the highest career completion percentage in NDSU history and is 5th all time in passing efficiency. He’s also 9th all time in rushing TD’s. Assuming he stays healthy, he should end up #4 in that category surpassing Feeney next year. He has played in two national championship games, winning one.

People complain about him, but he just has a tough distinction of following a lot of great QB’s over the last 15 years. With that being said, he is one of the best to do it at NDSU.
    His performance in the biggest games is his detriment IMO. He's a solid QB but comes up small when it matters most which will keep him off my list for now. If he goes out with another ring next season he might get there.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    His performance in the biggest games is his detriment IMO. He's a solid QB but comes up small when it matters most which will keep him off my list for now. If he goes out with another ring next season he might get there.
    EXACTLY----- WIN in games you aren't suppose to----whats his record vs. SDSU record vs. FBS

Zone read rushing TD's where he keeps 99% of time ----inflated

Captain Check Down DOES NOT BELONG ON THIS LIST

Looking at the names I think Steve Walker gave us as many memories as the other guys did. Sadly we just weren't playoff eligible at the time or he'd have had a few rings as well.

What a stone cold motherfucker tho
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes