Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Default Re: Top 10 QB's in NDSU history

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Not if we give it the cred it deserves.

I still don’t think Walker cracks the top 5, but that’s more of a credit to our other QBs than a knock on Steve…
    Did anyone in the top 5 throw for 400+ yards against an FBS opponent?

Did any of the top 5 ritualistically murder Rhett Boomar with a dagger in the first truly "loud" moment in Fargodome history?

Didn't think so.

I'd firmly place him #4 overall and #1 for ice cold murder.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Any good footage out there of Walker playing? Streaming or easily recording and rewatching games wasn’t easy then so listened to many games of that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Did any of the top 5 ritualistically murder Rhett Boomar with a dagger in the first truly "loud" moment in Fargodome history?

Didn't think so.

I call Steve Walker 'Houdini.' I was at the Cal Poly game where they came back from about a four-touchdown deficit in the last minutes of the game. It was nothing short of miraculous. Pinpoint passes downfield time after time. Incredible desire and instinct. I'm with you Kevin. He's in my top 2 passers.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I call Steve Walker 'Houdini.' I was at the Cal Poly game where they came back from about a four-touchdown deficit in the last minutes of the game. It was nothing short of miraculous. Pinpoint passes downfield time after time. Incredible desire and instinct. I'm with you Kevin. He's in my top 2 passers.
    I witnessed it as well, CaBisonFan. I also saw the massive comeback against UC Davis. Steve’s aerial assault was amazing!
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Didn't think so.

So your list is Stick at #1 and Walker at #4… what’s the rest?

I’m sticking with mine from page 1 and I’ll add some reasoning:
    1. Stick - Best all around QB, Leader, clutch performer. Kid had it all and is the NDSU GOAT, IMO.
    2. Lance - Single greatest season of any player in NDSU history.
    3. Jensen - Best leader of all our QBs. Single-handedly willed the team to victory in Manhattan and in the dome against GSU the second time.
    4. Bentrim - Best Option QB maybe ever in the history of football.
    5. Wentz - Best passer and still our highest profile NDSU player.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Stick it! Eh.

Lardsin must go!

So your list is Stick at #1 and Walker at #4… what’s the rest?

I’m sticking with mine from page 1 and I’ll add some reasoning:
    1. Stick - Best all around QB, Leader, clutch performer. Kid had it all and is the NDSU GOAT, IMO.
    2. Lance - Single greatest season of any player in NDSU history.
    3. Jensen - Best leader of all our QBs. Single-handedly willed the team to victory in Manhattan and in the dome against GSU the second time.
    4. Bentrim - Best Option QB maybe ever in the history of football.
    5. Wentz - Best passer and still our highest profile NDSU player.
    1. Easton Stick
    2. Brock Jensen
    3. Carson Wentz
    4. Steve Walker
    5. Trey Lance
    6. Kevin Feeney
    7. Jose Mohler

No disrespect intended to Bentrim and the OG's of the tradition. I was just too young to remember and I'm basically ranking off football I've actually watched. I believe Hyland was QB the first year I really got into bison football. Then ofcourse the Feeney years followed.

If I was going to structure a list without that perspective Bentrim is definitely in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    You are a great football mind bro. We can't forget the Minnesota win either. He was a true field general. Probably could have done more than he did but he didn't have to in most games. Which was a testament to the greatness of the west coast offense in general.

I still remember when he came in for Strauss and thinking holy shit Bohl what are you doing? Start the kid. I don't remember who the game was, but I know he brought us back (we still lost) but the talent was obvious.

1. Easton Stick
    2. Brock Jensen
    3. Carson Wentz
    4. Steve Walker
    5. Trey Lance
    6. Kevin Feeney
    7. Jose Mohler

No disrespect intended to Bentrim and the OG's of the tradition. I was just too young to remember and I'm basically ranking off football I've actually watched. I believe Hyland was QB the first year I really got into bison football. Then ofcourse the Feeney years followed.

If I was going to structure a list without that perspective Bentrim is definitely in the top 4.
    I support your list.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I support your list.
    Trey could have been an easy lock at #1 had he stayed even one more year. I don't fault the guy personally. That was top 5 pick money + covid craziness but it's just hard for me to rank a single season with guys who put in 4-5 years building the tradition.

With that being said he's currently my QB in madden 24 and on his way to winning a super bowl.