Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GDT vs USD

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT vs USD

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Every Summit game was on ESPN+ so no idea what you are taking about.
    That is incorrect. If every Summit League game was on ESPN+ they wouldn't have needed a deal. It was mostly just the Dakota schools home broadcasts, Denver, KC, WIU were home games were not and depending on the matchup Omaha, UST and ORU home games weren't always picked up either.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Once again, your posts don’t age for very long.
    You conveniently left out the second half of that post where I said clearly stated who we needed to stop to win....and we did not and we lost so I'd say the post aged perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Unfortunately those two were the difference for South Dakota, as you were concerned about. Was impressed with Thioune on defense also, he affected a lot of inside shots. Bison had no answer for Stewart - he ended up getting 33 points yikes! Stewart did that in only 28 minutes, 13-22 shooting. Was impressed with his ability to create shots as well as his outside shooting.

https://gobison.com/news/2023/12/29/...ota-75-66.aspx
    We had no answer because Dave refused to make adjustments, it was literally the only way we lose this game was to let Stewart get hot and once he did we did nothing, no double team, no hard hedge on the pick and roll, no denying him the ball. It was a piss poor coaching effort. On top of that I'm sick and tired of Boden playing 38 minutes while he continues to kill us with forcing things, he hasn't had a good game in over a month but continues to take more shots and play more minutes than anyone and until that changes we are stuck in mediocracy. Miller only playing 18 minutes in this game on top of it is stupid, Miller struggled shooting along with everyone else but he was affecting the game in other ways, making assists and even had the teams only block of the game. Not to mention Burke only getting 6 minutes is a disgrace. First 11 games of the season Burke averaged 16.7mpg, last 3 games he's averaging 5.6 and we are 0-3...shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    We had no answer because Dave refused to make adjustments, it was literally the only way we lose this game was to let Stewart get hot and once he did we did nothing, no double team, no hard hedge on the pick and roll, no denying him the ball. It was a piss poor coaching effort. On top of that I'm sick and tired of Boden playing 38 minutes while he continues to kill us with forcing things, he hasn't had a good game in over a month but continues to take more shots and play more minutes than anyone and until that changes we are stuck in mediocracy. Miller only playing 18 minutes in this game on top of it is stupid, Miller struggled shooting along with everyone else but he was affecting the game in other ways, making assists and even had the teams only block of the game. Not to mention Burke only getting 6 minutes is a disgrace. First 11 games of the season Burke averaged 16.7mpg, last 3 games he's averaging 5.6 and we are 0-3...shocker.
    At what point do you start thinking Richman might not be the answer?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Totally agree. No idea why Burke is not getting more minutes. Must be in Daves dog house. He usually has one player a year he does this to.....

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    At what point do you start thinking Richman might not be the answer?
    He hasn't really ever been the answer, I've never loved his coaching style, I hate his usage of players and his inability to make adjustments is beyond frustrating. But every March he has the team humming and making Summit League championship games and until that stops I don't see him being let go. This team in the tournament always looks great but why we can't look that way in December is the billion dollar question, it's been this way every single year in the Richman era and it's frustrating as hell. I think we have the most talented team in the league this year but chances we win the regular season title are slim because of coaching.

He hasn't really ever been the answer, I've never loved his coaching style, I hate his usage of players and his inability to make adjustments is beyond frustrating. But every March he has the team humming and making Summit League championship games and until that stops I don't see him being let go. This team in the tournament always looks great but why we can't look that way in December is the billion dollar question, it's been this way every single year in the Richman era and it's frustrating as hell. I think we have the most talented team in the league this year but chances we win the regular season title are slim because of coaching.
    That makes sense. I wasn’t asking what you think WILL happen, I’m asking what you think SHOULD happen. You seem to stick up for Richman a lot on here and this post is the first time I’ve seen you say anything close to “Richman should go” or “…is running this program into the ground.”

It’s refreshing to see. Thanks.

That makes sense. I wasn’t asking what you think WILL happen, I’m asking what you think SHOULD happen. You seem to stick up for Richman a lot on here and this post is the first time I’ve seen you say anything close to “Richman should go” or “…is running this program into the ground.”

But on the bright side Dave has 2 more timeouts for the next game since he ended with timeouts in his pockets..............lol Call a time out when a team is on a run on you. Watching USD and Omaha the other day. Omaha is going to be tough to beat.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I stick up for him when he catches heat for things that aren't his fault and the fact that we could have it so much worse. But right now this team is too talented to be playing like this and it's on him, the player usage has always been an issue with Dave but him disciplining everybody else and letting Boden run this team into the ground for the last month is unacceptable. Not having an answer defensively when one guy is beating you is also a big problem, he's so stuck in playing defense a certain way that he can't adjust to stop a player. Same issue we had with the big guy a couple weeks ago when he'd just keep backing us down inside and no guards would double down or help out to stop it. This game it was no answer to keep Stewart from getting easy looks. If I know before a game he's the guy we need to stop, the fricken coaching staff should sure as hell know and have a plan and we never seem to.

I stick up for him when he catches heat for things that aren't his fault and the fact that we could have it so much worse. But right now this team is too talented to be playing like this and it's on him, the player usage has always been an issue with Dave but him disciplining everybody else and letting Boden run this team into the ground for the last month is unacceptable. Not having an answer defensively when one guy is beating you is also a big problem, he's so stuck in playing defense a certain way that he can't adjust to stop a player. Same issue we had with the big guy a couple weeks ago when he'd just keep backing us down inside and no guards would double down or help out to stop it. This game it was no answer to keep Stewart from getting easy looks. If I know before a game he's the guy we need to stop, the fricken coaching staff should sure as hell know and have a plan and we never seem to.
    I think you’ve convinced me he needs to go. I’m unlikely to go to any games until there’s a change, too, which is unfortunate because I have a son who is getting really into basketball and it would be nice to have something for him to get excited about.

I’m just sitting here with my wallet open, Matt…