Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT vs USD

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT vs USD

Conference opener tonight at home, it's Friday night, it's a 3 day weekend, let's pack the SHAC have a few too many beers at the game and start this conference season out right. USD started off the season decent but went on a 3 game road trip to California and got pummeled in their first two games before losing by 3 to the other USD (San Diego) in one ugly basketball game. Keep Thioune off the offensive glass and don't let Kaleb Stewart get hot from 3 and as long as our offense isn't complete shit we should be able to win this one. NDSU -7.5 is the biggest opening spread of Summit League play tonight, let's make sure we take care of business.

Default Re: GDT vs USD

So, no way to watch this out of market without paying Midco, right?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, no way to watch this out of market without paying Midco, right?
    Correct, either SLN on Midco+ or WDAY+, either way need to subscribe. SLN the way to go though, will also get all road games that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Correct, either SLN on Midco+ or WDAY+, either way need to subscribe. SLN the way to go though, will also get all road games that way as well.
    Yep, I'm out. It was great when on ESPN+. Not going to pay. Wonder if this is going to hurt exposure. Not sold on that whole deal.

Yep, I'm out. It was great when on ESPN+. Not going to pay. Wonder if this is going to hurt exposure. Not sold on that whole deal.
    Same here. Not going to subscribe to another streaming service. Poor decision by the conference, IMO. Reminds me of FloSports.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

It's nowhere close to FloSports, FloSports is absolute trash and if the conference went with that option I would have rioted. The SLN app is awesome, it has all league sports (volleyball, softball, baseball, etc) on there, not just basketball and all league teams are on the same platform. No more paying for one game to watch a road game at Denver or having to find device to web stream Kansas City or UST. It's all in one spot and it's a great app. I hated not having an easy way to watch both men's and women's games on the road, especially with mirrored scheduling and replays not always being available everywhere. You can bitch all you want but only NDSU home games were guaranteed on ESPN+ because WDAY is an ABC/ESPN affiliate, the rest of the league was not, most Midco games made it to ESPN+, but some didn't and none of the rest of the league did. Not to mention the deal came with a nationally broadcast league game each week with UND/UST kicking it off tonight on CBSSN which is great for exposure.

If you're local, go to the game and watch and support in person. If you're not, $10/mo is cheaper than 1 game ticket and you get every single game from the comfort of your couch. It's a big step forward for the league as a whole.

I felt that way, but have been happy with Midco+ and still have ESPN+

Piss poor coaching as usual. We come out with an offense and get a fast start. Yotes defense adjusts to counter and there we are running into a brick wall with the same set over and over again. No adjustments, no counter, just pure stupidity and stubborness. Meanwhile, we can't find a counter on defense to slow them down. Some of the absolute worst coaching in all of D1 basketball.

Poor shooting for the Herd is the difference so far on this one:

NDSU 39.4 field, 28.7 from 3,
    USD 53.3 field, 75 from 3…

I’m not a Richman apologist by any means but to shoot poorly and only be down by 6 is not bad.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Piss poor coaching as usual. We come out with an offense and get a fast start. Yotes defense adjusts to counter and there we are running into a brick wall with the same set over and over again. No adjustments, no counter, just pure stupidity and stubborness. Meanwhile, we can't find a counter on defense to slow them down. Some of the absolute worst coaching in all of D1 basketball.
    So Richmond missed all those 3’s and made them quit being aggressive?