Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Immaculate Pitch... NEW FOOTAGE WITH SOUND !!!

Default Re: The Immaculate Pitch... NEW FOOTAGE WITH SOUND !!!

Much better quality video of The Pitch than others on youtube. Thanks! Does anyone happen to have the 1984 game against USD on tape/film?

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Much better quality video of The Pitch than others on youtube. Thanks! Does anyone happen to have the 1984 game against USD on tape/film?
    VCRs were pretty rare back then. My brother has always been one to buy new electronic stuff and I'm pretty sure he had to rent a VCR to record the MASH finale in 1983.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Never heard that audio until today! Wow! Eddy Schultz was a national treasure….until he betrayed us and went up to und. Lol. Might be the quickest a play has ever been named! I guess it was a pretty easy, but he called it “the pitch” a couple times within a minute of the score! Love it!!
    NDSU to UND to Russia Today.

He was awesome at NDSU though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    VCRs were pretty rare back then. My brother has always been one to buy new electronic stuff and I'm pretty sure he had to rent a VCR to record the MASH finale in 1983.
    Our first VCR was $800 in the 80s. It was the newest 4-head tech at the time and guess what? In the entire life of VCRs they never came out with a higher quality solution.

We were far from rich but my dad's point of view on technology at the time is if you're going to spend some $$ on something you might as well spend a bit more and get the best at the time. This was also before tech/electronics starting their 12 month obsoletion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU to UND to Russia Today.

He was awesome at NDSU though.
    You missed left wing MS NBC aggitator I mean commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    A great Bison fan from Bismarck sent me a VHS tape of the 1985 USD playoff game. We've seen this play countless times without sound. Now we have it with the play by play broadcast.
    #21 for USD really blew it on that play. Could have stopped a touchdown but decided to lay an insignificant hit on Bentrim.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    #21 for USD really blew it on that play. Could have stopped a touchdown but decided to lay an insignificant hit on Bentrim.
    Really poor take. Should 21 have anticipated the pitch like no one else did? He put a hit on the “at the time” ball carrier. I was standing right on the sidelines for this one. The only 2 people on the same page were Bentrim and Molstre. 21 did what you would have, except he was on the field at the time and you would never have been.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Our first VCR was $800 in the 80s. It was the newest 4-head tech at the time and guess what? In the entire life of VCRs they never came out with a higher quality solution.

We were far from rich but my dad's point of view on technology at the time is if you're going to spend some $$ on something you might as well spend a bit more and get the best at the time. This was also before tech/electronics starting their 12 month obsoletion cycle.
    Somehow VHS won the tech war against BETA. Some of the BETA products were really good. That's incredible... 800 dollars then. Wow

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You missed left wing MS NBC aggitator I mean commentator.
    Everyone has their preacher... no matter what your political leaning is. There is very little real news on now. It's all for entertainment and ratings.
    Last edited by CaBisonFan; 01-05-2024 at 05:54 AM.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Really poor take. Should 21 have anticipated the pitch like no one else did? He put a hit on the “at the time” ball carrier. I was standing right on the sidelines for this one. The only 2 people on the same page were Bentrim and Molstre. 21 did what you would have, except he was on the field at the time and you would never have been.
    That's his assignment. And Bentrim was clearly falling down by the time 21 committed to hitting him.