Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's watching Bowl games?

Default Re: Who's watching Bowl games?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I think the other bowl games could take lessons from barstool. This was the most enjoyable so far in my opinion. I enjoyed announcers who weren't afraid to say whatever they were thinking.
    I thought they were a bunch of clowns who didn't know what they were talking about. They didn't understand why Toledo would take a timeout at the end.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I thought they were a bunch of clowns who didn't know what they were talking about. They didn't understand why Toledo would take a timeout at the end.
    They had multiple moments like that. Fair point.

They were right about passing on 1st down!

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I agree.
    And quitting on your brothers anytime should hurt your stock.
    Agree. And until programs start punishing this it’ll never stop.

But they won’t because greed over tradition.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

That's correct.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

haven't watched a bowl game in about 15 years....they're meaning less....

That Wyoming/Toledo game was what is still good in college football. The Orange Bowl was about everything wrong with college football. What a contrast and the knuckleheads of there likely watched the wrong game.

Let's talk meaningful games.......next year POs , will they seed 4 teams, make the bottom 8 play, winners of the first round get to play the seeded teams. If thats the way it's set up, there will be 11 very meaningful games. 4 play-in games, 4 games with the seeded teams as the home team, 2 semi-final games, and 1 championship game. I, for one, am looking forward to this set-up.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I agree. I only listened to one play and they were jokers. It was the play early ruled a TD, but corrected to illegal touching. They were yelling over each other, giving incorrect rules (in their defense so did the officials), and then making up rules (ignore the illegal touching because it was a cool play). That was a bunch of drunk buddies sitting in the bar who think they know more than they do giving commentary. There is a market for that for sure but it ain't me.
    Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Correct. The games being played need to be meaningful, ie playoff games. That’s the only solution.
    Agreed. Bowl games in the big scheme of things are fun exhibitions. The players who play in them take them seriously and want to win, but because they are exhibitions, many players who plan to transfer or enter the draft would opt out of a bowl game for the reasons they do today. The timing of the portal won't change that. The starters are much less likely to opt out if they are in a playoff.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Perhaps a rule that would negatively affect portal or draft eligibility if you quit on your team mates?

Whatever is implemented will be controversial. But accepting that the problem cannot be fixed is NOT the answer.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Let's talk meaningful games.......next year POs , will they seed 4 teams, make the bottom 8 play, winners of the first round get to play the seeded teams. If thats the way it's set up, there will be 11 very meaningful games. 4 play-in games, 4 games with the seeded teams as the home team, 2 semi-final games, and 1 championship game. I, for one, am looking forward to this set-up.
    Hopefully you are correct that there will be 11 (out of 43) meaningful bowl games next year.

There will be 11 P4 and 1 G5 teams participating. My concern is the portal and NIL have created an atmosphere where its not unthinkable that even some of those teams will be missing a ton of starters. Imagine being a G5, making the playoffs for the first time in a decade, and all your starters sit out because they are going to a B1G team. Then you get crushed like FSU was.

The system is so broken it just may fuck the playoffs too.