Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On The 2024 Season

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Thoughts On The 2024 Season

I feel for the young men who were fed up to playing weight but never make the NFL cut and now carry 40 extra pounds for life. Very few are ever able to get back to a weight that will not be a burden later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I feel for the young men who were fed up to playing weight but never make the NFL cut and now carry 40 extra pounds for life. Very few are ever able to get back to a weight that will not be a burden later in life.
    It's muscle. Not fat. Mega protein. Lineman struggle to keep their weight up during a football season if they dont eat an absurd amount of calories in a day because they burn an obsene amount of calories. Michael Phelps consumed 10,000 calories per day in his prime

Post sports, high end elite athletes eat like a normal person. You don't need to be built like Thor post football

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's muscle. Not fat. Mega protein. Lineman struggle to keep their weight up during a football season if they dont eat an absurd amount of calories in a day because they burn an obsene amount of calories. Michael Phelps consumed 10,000 calories per day in his prime

Post sports, high end elite athletes eat like a normal person
    Amateurs. Scottie and I gain weight every season no problem bro u just have to know what ur doing
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

The only way that happens is if they keep eating and quit working out. I would bank on the reverse happening actually.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Most actually lose the weight pretty easily once they quit playing.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I heard a story about Cordell Volson going to ndsu and when he got there Kramer wanted him to lose weight and then told him when he was finished with him he would weigh 308lbs. Cordell didn't think he would ever get to that weight when he was a baby Bison but now he plays in the NFL at 308lbs Kramer is a mad scientist eh! Nailed it.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Yeah you wouldn't recognize Karson Schoeing today eh.

Lardsin must go!

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Can anyone bring some clarity to the whole, "Jung must be replaced as starter," stuff?

What did he do wrong? What didn't he do, that he should have?

I recall a couple of plays in the middle of the season where he appeared to have been the problem, but that's about it.

2nd on the team in solo tackles, 3rd in total tackles, 2nd in interceptions. If Wisniewski wasn't all world, he would look even better.

Jung will be hard for anyone to beat out for the job, but ya, if Noah or someone else can standout that much and win the job, that would be great. Remember, this is free safety, the guy needs to have decent raw speed.
    He is a stiff athlete. A poor tackler and not very fast. He is one of the worst safeties we have ever ever had. Sure he’s a great kid but did you watch the games? He gave great effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    He is a stiff athlete. A poor tackler and not very fast. He is one of the worst safeties we have ever ever had. Sure he’s a great kid but did you watch the games? He gave great effort.

Agree 100% - run support was non-existence.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

Yep. Sam Jung is a future coach but not a D1 player. Smarts, technique and effort only get you so far at this level. Especially when you are chasing someone because you're not fast enough to get the angle

He filled in because we didnt have much depth and the young players were still developing. Dom Jones would have been the guy for 2 years but he left.

If we're gonna be elite next year, Darrius Givance needs to earn the spot because he is a crazy good athlete. If not Darrius, one of the younger guys need to step up.

If Sam Jung is chasing down Deion Sanders super athlete's next year, we are in a bad spot

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com