Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On The 2024 Season

Default Re: Thoughts On The 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Just overall lack of elite athletic ability IMO.
    Fify.

(ten)
    Don't believe everything you think.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Defensive line was the biggest problem this year especially in the 3 losses. That needs to be fixed before anything else!!! No solution there an they will lose 3 or 4 games again.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well to be fair the D Line played very well in the playoffs. I think in discussions on possibly another thread that they (DL) was finally able to play free and it was speculated the Patrino was holding them back.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well to be fair the D Line played very well in the playoffs. I think in discussions on possibly another thread that they (DL) was finally able to play free and it was speculated the Patrino was holding them back.
    Yes, it definitely sounded like they were being asked to do too much and there were too many “more involved” strategies and concepts. Once they went back to basic the line played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will Mostaert tweeted: #ReCommitToTheTradition

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Every time a trinket like that drops I get more excited for the 2024 season!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Hope that includes Eli.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well to be fair the D Line played very well in the playoffs. I think in discussions on possibly another thread that they (DL) was finally ab le to play free and it was speculated the Patrino was holding them back.
    They looked completely different late in the year. We still need a bonefide stud, but I expect out d-line to be a strength next year.

At DE, we lose Kava but my gut says Hunter Zenzen will step up. Hendricks was looking like that stud. I hope we can get him back. McCaslin has the 6-5 frame to be dominant but he would benefit by adding 15 pounds to get up to 250. Toby Anene is physically ready, it's all about technique and practice. Then you got Roques and Menz who will be a senior and Junior, when you expect them to take the next step. Abraham Myers and Victor Isele are probably a year away. Gannon Williams looks like he could compete. True freshman rarely play but we may have 1

At DT, we got the Moestart brothers (for sure Will). Kody Huisman is due for a breakout season. Logan Larson showed flashed. Duttenheffer will be a junior but hasn't been dominent yet but should play his best ball as a Jr.. Seems like we got more 3 techs than big pluggers. Brennan Palmer and Josh Magin are young and have huge frames, but are probably a year away. Keenan Wilson is an intetesting prospect. I don't think Entz even recruited a DT this year. We absolutely need a DT for the 2nd signing period or a transfer. Probably 2. Simple math for next year and what we got on the roster
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-30-2023 at 09:58 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I’m glad entz is gone. Excited to see how next year plays out.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Adding to HerdBot’s post above, the DT Coach Entz & Co had recruited was:
    Kian Payne - St. Thomas Aquinas (Overland Park, KS) 6-4 / 255

Great highlight package, looked like he could do it all.
    But, with Payne being a Kansas kid, and KState being short on DL recruits at the time, he accepted their PWO offer and decommited from NDSU.
    In my totally amateur non-coach opinion, I would argue he would be better off with a team that runs a 4 man DLine. And KState doesn’t……

Hopefully the coaches find another DT for the recruiting class.