Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Position group nicknames

Default Re: Position group nicknames

I like "Wide Rams" better
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I remember the Redskins OL called the Hogs in their glory day back in the 80s. Did we call our OL Rams before that?

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    I remember the Redskins OL called the Hogs in their glory day back in the 80s. Did we call our OL Rams before that?
    It was late 70’s my dad Sam Neis coached the oline under Jim Wacker. From my understanding the Skins were already the Hogs which was a big reason they decided to go with a nickname and chose Rams.

Maybe someone can correct me, but another cool fact about my dad was that he is the only person I know of that played for NDSU, coached for NDSU and was part of broadcasts for NDSU (sideline reporter during Adelson and Schultz days)

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    It was late 70’s my dad Sam Neis coached the oline under Jim Wacker. From my understanding the Skins were already the Hogs which was a big reason they decided to go with a nickname and chose Rams.

Maybe someone can correct me, but another cool fact about my dad was that he is the only person I know of that played for NDSU, coached for NDSU and was part of broadcasts for NDSU (sideline reporter during Adelson and Schultz days)
    There were MANY!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

So NDSU didn't want to just copy a famous o-line group nickname and slap their area code in front of it??? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

Thanks for the reply. Great history lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So NDSU didn't want to just copy a famous o-line group nickname and slap their area code in front of it??? Interesting...
    Lol yeah what kind of morons would do that?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I may be not remembering this right but I think the poster SamsRams went on an Iowa St radio station before our game there and predicted we would win by double digits and was laughed at initially - until after the game. Maybe I am messed up?