Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New DC Grant Olson, Nick Goeser Co-DC

Default Re: New DC Grant Olson, Nick Goeser Co-DC

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Which is interesting because Petrino was Entz’s hire, and it was very recent (as you all know)…
    Doesn't mean it wasn't a bad hire. Mitch Breske was a terrible hire at defensive coordinator under Bohl. He was 1 and done.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Doesn't mean it wasn't a bad hire. Mitch Breske was a terrible hire at defensive coordinator under Bohl. He was 1 and done.
    In the words of Flavor Flav, "Yea Booyyyy"!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    No argument here… I was responding to a post about Polasek taking advice from Entz on coaches. All indications were that Petrino was one of Entz’s guys from earlier in his career. Seems unlikely to me that Entz gave Polasek advice to can one of “his guys,” but who knows…?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

No argument here… I was responding to a post about Polasek taking advice from Entz on coaches. All indications were that Petrino was one of Entz’s guys from earlier in his career. Seems unlikely to me that Entz gave Polasek advice to can one of “his guys,” but who knows…?
    He just might if he was planning to do so himself had he stayed.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    He just might if he was planning to do so himself had he stayed.
    All speculation aside, I don’t think Tim needed much inside advice to make that call.

Which is interesting because Petrino was Entz’s hire, and it was very recent (as you all know)…
    Something tells me Petrino wouldn't have been back if Entz was sticking around either. Not the first time a coach has made a bad hire (see Breske, Mike - hired by Craig Bohl as DC in 2009).

Not saying Petrino (or Breske for that matter) is a bad coach - sometime guys just don't mix well when they have to adapt to pre-existing schemes and personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Something tells me Petrino wouldn't have been back if Entz was sticking around either. Not the first time a coach has made a bad hire (see Breske, Mike - hired by Craig Bohl as DC in 2009).

Not saying Petrino (or Breske for that matter) is a bad coach - sometime guys just don't mix well when they have to adapt to pre-existing schemes and personnel.
    Fair point.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

If I remember correctly NDSU was having a horrible time against the 3-4. Bohl was so impressed with how many issues the 3-4 gave his team that he decided to hire Breske to implement it even though we recruited for a Tampa 2. Well it didn't work BUT it did help NDSU get over their offensive issues against the 3-4.

Not to mention our D sucked a year ago too, under Braun.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

There are no absolutes in hiring coaches. Some work out some dont. Every head coach hires a dud or two in their career. Some supposed great hires for some reason dont work out when the staff goes to another school.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."