Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New DC Grant Olson, Nick Goeser Co-DC

Default Re: New DC Grant Olson, Nick Goeser Co-DC

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wondering if this move had something to do with Petrino's position/philosophy on DT technique and resultantly exposing our LBs to major roles is taking on blockers when they aren't built for that right now. Granted our Dline is smaller, and we got gashed even last year up the middle, but there are still techniques that can be used to keep LBs clean. We started to change DT technique late this season by stemming to it, and it seemed to help, but stemming to it like we did isn’t the best way to do it IMO.

Regardless, we need 10 extra pounds on all front seven without losing speed at the OLB position. We also need to coach up tackle/pursuit angles at all positions unfortunately (that really should be innate ability/instinct). And one of the OLBs coming back shouldn’t be on the field … regardless.
    Why do you think the first tackle consistently whiffed the last two years? Technique? Angle? Voodoo curse?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Good Lord. That dumb idiot Grant Olson is a DC now. He was my student many years ago, dont get me wrong, he was a good athlete but he couldnt add 2+2. Polasek will be fired in 5 years.

Hope Grant is a better DC than ST coordinator.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Good Lord. That dumb idiot Grant Olson is a DC now. He was my student many years ago, dont get me wrong, he was a good athlete but he couldnt add 2+2. Polasek will be fired in 5 years.
    brutal lol

Anyone else surprised by Goesers' statement in the press release? To me is sounds as though there was some coaching philosophy differences and they weren't all on the same page. And given what we have seen on the field the last few years, I would believe that there was. How many years during our run did we need the offense to score 30 to ensure a win. We can look at position coaches and coordinators but at the end of the day, in my book, the head coach has the ultimate say on if those philosophies are adopted.

IMG_0596.jpg
    Last edited by Wopbison; 12-22-2023 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Inserted picture

Can someone tell me how this hire is going to get us back to a championship level defense? Seems underwhelming to me, but I'm open to convincing.

Seems like we promoted from our weakest part of the staff.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

He graduated with an engineering degree. Something doesnt add up.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t know but I hope with the comments being made about getting the defense back to what it was during “The Run” and away from this bull fighting shit we’ve done in the run game. If they can and know how to get even close to that then I’m all for it. I am skeptical but optimistic of what’s to come.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Can someone tell me how this hire is going to get us back to a championship level defense? Seems underwhelming to me, but I'm open to convincing.

Seems like we promoted from our weakest part of the staff.
    Hope he can grow into the role and rely a little bit on assistants along the way. That's probably why Goeser was also named a Co-DC.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lakes? 10char
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS