Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New DC Grant Olson, Nick Goeser Co-DC

Default Re: New DC Grant Olson, Nick Goeser Co-DC

IMO, this is a bad hire for a offensive head coach, especially as a first timer. I feel like you needed someone with extensive experience - I actually didn't think it was Petrino's fault, he's had good defenses where he's been and he inherited a bit of a dumpster fire. I would have said he would have been one of the most likely to stay on through at least next season.

I hope I'm wrong and they crush it. Goeser does make me feel slightly better, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Just thinking out loud, maybe our problems at LB are more personnel than coaching.
    I feel like that is likely, at least, somewhat true. I think Petrino's defense wasn't that bad, we seemed to be in position to make plays, we just missed a LOT of tackles. Is that on the first year DC, LB coach, or the HC? I guess we shall see lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I got no issue with it. Give them a chance and see how the chips fall. Olson is a natural born leader so it was only a matter of time before he got a shot. For those hung up on the LB play, they played a hell of a lot better at the end of the year, so give the coaches some credit. (Not to mention, I tend to think we've had some recruiting/roster management hiccups there....)

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Just thinking out loud, maybe our problems at LB are more personnel than coaching.
    Who had the bright idea of kicking to that griz man eh? Just thinking out loud.

Lardsin must go!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Absolutely are.

Look at Gully and Kopp. Those guys can ball. Had a couple other dudes in there that couldnt get it done and lackluster play by our interior line really hampered our defense's ability to get teams off schedule and get off the field. Olson was in a no win situation and Goose was coaching arguably the best group on the defense.

With the young talent we have, the Bison defense is going to be a force!
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I mean Phil Hansen gave the special teams a D grade and that was only because we made field goals or it would have been an F.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Absolutely are.

Look at Gully and Kopp. Those guys can ball. Had a couple other dudes in there that couldnt get it done and lackluster play by our interior line really hampered our defense's ability to get teams off schedule and get off the field. Olson was in a no win situation and Goose was coaching arguably the best group on the defense.

With the young talent we have, the Bison defense is going to be a force!
    Thanks man, I've worked really hard.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know what to think about it. STs were brutal. LBs were not great. Hope it works out.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But it says Nick Goeser Co-DC. So who is in charge of DC. Am I missing something? Generally startled to see Grant in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    But it says Nick Goeser Co-DC. So who is in charge of DC. Am I missing something? Generally startled to see Grant in this position.
    That's another thing I don't quite get, why the need for a co-DC unless you don't have full confidence in 1 guy. Seems like a weird message to send out IMO

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That's another thing I don't quite get, why the need for a co-DC unless you don't have full confidence in 1 guy. Seems like a weird message to send out IMO
    You would be surprised at how many schools have co-coordinators.