Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ND high school wrestling.

Default Re: ND high school wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Did you guys lose a dual to DLB? Better tournament team than dual team?
    My 8tj grade year we got 5th in state and won like 3 duals lol. It happens
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Did you guys lose a dual to DLB? Better tournament team than dual team?
    Yeah we lost to DLB. I was at girls basketball that night and there was a varsity wrestler at the basketball game. So I'm not really sure what the deal was there.

Lardsin must go!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    My 8tj grade year we got 5th in state and won like 3 duals lol. It happens
    Totally get that. You give up falls in a dual and team points start to add up pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Yeah we lost to DLB. I was at girls basketball that night and there was a varsity wrestler at the basketball game. So I'm not really sure what the deal was there.
    Got a buddy who coaches fit DLB so I follow them a little bit. This is the most complete team they’ve had in 10 years.

Got a buddy who coaches fit DLB so I follow them a little bit. This is the most complete team they’ve had in 10 years.
    Cool they do have a nice team. We did not take the jv so I didn't go. But I do know one wrestler went to Las Vegas to watch the rodeo that week. This is the first year northern lights are in the east region. We've been in velva and dlbs region for as long as I can remember. I remember when DLB started. When I was a senior I was losing to a kid from dlb and then caught him in a butcher. I had that thing tight. He was up so the ref wasn't going to give me the pin very easy. The kids feet started kicking and his face was pretty blue when they did call the pin. Then I get mono and miss the end of the season. I seen that kid at regionals and he told me he went down a weight class because of that match.

Lardsin must go!

When I was in school it was Rolla Rock Lake St John!

Much like Des Lacs Burlington, I can only say the names of those towns together in a group.
    When I was in HS it was Rolla Rock Lake. Beat them in 9 man playoffs in 1996. [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    When I was in HS it was Rolla Rock Lake. Beat them in 9 man playoffs in 1996. [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Westhope???? Pretty sure we lost in overtime to them that year. I was in the 8th grade.

Lardsin must go!

Totally get that. You give up falls in a dual and team points start to add up pretty quick.
    Having 5 open weight classes in Class A is not a recipe for dual success either
    College of Business Alumnus

Having 5 open weight classes in Class A is not a recipe for dual success either
    LOL. True. A 30 point deficit before the dual starts isn’t exactly ideal. Going to to 13 weight classes should help that some. Even in class B it looks like participation in the sport may be up slightly. I’m just basing this off of cursory glances at track wrestling. I sit on the board of Minot Wrestling boosters, and we just hosted the junior high state tournament. Record number of wrestlers, so that’s fun to see.

LOL. True. A 30 point deficit before the dual starts isn’t exactly ideal. Going to to 13 weight classes should help that some. Even in class B it looks like participation in the sport may be up slightly. I’m just basing this off of cursory glances at track wrestling. I sit on the board of Minot Wrestling boosters, and we just hosted the junior high state tournament. Record number of wrestlers, so that’s fun to see.
    I was at the middle school state tournament and it was awesome never had that as a kid. We have 34 boys out for wrestling and a girls team. When I was in junior high I was getting my ass kicked by seniors at the varsity level.

We do have one open weight on varsity. So nice not having to throw the young wrestlers to the wolves. They can develop the upper weight classes.

Lardsin must go!