Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New OC ideas

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default New OC ideas

Well since Roelh’s silence during signing day is deafening, I’m going out on a short limb and say he’s on his way out. Who are the realistic candidates that Polasek will look at in replacing him?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New OC ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well since Roelh’s silence during signing day is deafening, I’m going out on a short limb and say he’s on his way out. Who are the realistic candidates that Polasek will look at in replacing him?
    I think he's helping Matt move. And being really intense while he's doing it.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Joe Beschorner and I dont think it would require much thought.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He did retweet the NDSU Football post regarding the class:

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...05699993649490
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU18 View Post
    Courtney Messingham
    I liked his play calling. Is there any chance we could get him back? He's bounced around a little bit and maybe been the scapegoat at some point as OC at Iowa State or KState. I remember him mixing it up and keeping the defense guessing more than Roehl or Polasek.

Messingham has never worked with Polasek. Goeser and Hedberg (assuming Roehl leaves) would be the only guys potentially on the current staff who have been on the same staff as Messingham before. Not saying it's impossible, and I think Messingham would be a fine choice for OC if Roehl leaves, but seems more likely Polasek would bring in someone he's more familiar with or promote someone on the current staff he's looking to retain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Messingham has never worked with Polasek. Goeser and Hedberg (assuming Roehl leaves) would be the only guys potentially on the current staff who have been on the same staff as Messingham before. Not saying it's impossible, and I think Messingham would be a fine choice for OC if Roehl leaves, but seems more likely Polasek would bring in someone he's more familiar with.
    Do you think Hedberg would want the responsibilities of OC or is he happy and in a good fit where he's at with passing game/quarterbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    Do you think Hedberg would want the responsibilities of OC or is he happy and in a good fit where he's at with passing game/quarterbacks?
    No idea but he kinda seems like he's near retirement anyway. I'd rather see them give the reigns to a younger guy (call me an age-ist I guess).

Conor Riley would be a great option I think but he's the interim OC at K-State for now and he goes way back with Klieman. But if Klieman hires someone else maybe it's a Roehl-like situation for Riley as well where he needs to go somewhere else to cut his teeth as a playcaller if he wants the gig in the future at his current school???

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AI for OC.
    10 char