Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New OC ideas

Default Re: New OC ideas

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    what he said.
    I'd like people to watch this twitter thread of Bison running plays from last weekend and look at it with new eyes:

Last of the Fullbacks: North Dakota State Bison Run Game Cutups

There's some beautiful football there.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Perfect example of how it's hard for the hometown kid to be a successful adult in his hometown because everybody sees the hometown kid eh.

He was coached by Bohl and Polasek. He worked with them and every other coach who has been here since. He's got quality connections in the coaching world. He bleeds Bison. I said it a few years ago. He's going to get his shot somewhere else and succeed and never be back to ndsu.
    That's possible but I think as much as he loves NDSU and wants to be a head coach here that he stands as good a chance of coming back as not. You never know what happens when you and family/kids get entrenched in a new community, but I think his kids are young enough that in 4-5 years when we're hiring a new coach his kids won't be high school stars yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Roehl wants to be A head coach. Being that he didn't get this job and if he's smart he knows why he didn't get the job. I could see him taking off to expand his experience to ultimately reach his goal of being a head coach.

I don't think he's going to sit under polasek for 5 years for another shot here? A shot that again his lack of experience in other programs could be used against him.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Roehl may be a very good HC in the future, and maybe even at NDSU who knows, but he is simply not ready to take over a HC job like NDSU right now. 1 year as an assistant HS coach, 6 years as a positional coach, and 5 years as an OC is not enough experience for a gig like NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Roehl may be a very good HC in the future, and maybe even at NDSU who knows, but he is simply not ready to take over a HC job like NDSU right now. 1 year as an assistant HS coach, 6 years as a positional coach, and 5 years as an OC is not enough experience for a gig like NDSU.
    This is a really good point.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Every time I see this view expressed I look at the HC at the TCO Performance Center in Eagan and say, "Wut?"

KOC has 4 years as a positional coach, 3 years as a coordinator before getting his present HC gig at an enterprise that is just a wee bit bigger than NDSU. Now granted, he worked at four different organizations prior to the present one but he does not have more years of experience than Tyler.

So, for me personally, I discount a view as you have expressed as being not necessarily correct. You are welcome of course to believe it as gospel but you have no sale here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_...ican_football)
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Every time I see this view expressed I look at the HC at the TCO Performance Center in Eagan and say, "Wut?"

KOC has 4 years as a positional coach, 3 years as a coordinator before getting his present HC gig at an enterprise that is just a wee bit bigger than NDSU. Now granted, he worked at four different organizations prior to the present one but he does not have more years of experience than Tyler.

So, for me personally, I discount a view as you have expressed as being not necessarily correct. You are welcome of course to believe it as gospel but you have no sale here.

And you think KOC is a good HC? Well there's your problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

It’s almost like you don’t know what an anecdote is.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    You think he's a bad HC?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Not a Viking fan, but KOC has them in the playoff hunt with 3 different QBs and an all-world WR missing the majority of the season.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s almost like you don’t know what an anecdote is.
    Do I need to relate enough of them to escape the realm of non-parametric statistics to make it convincing?
    Don't believe everything you think.