Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New OC ideas

Default Re: New OC ideas

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Do I need to relate enough of them to escape the realm of non-parametric statistics to make it convincing?
    I would say yes. But that’s just me.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You think he's a bad HC?
    I mean if you only want a coach who's buddy buddy with the players but has piss poor game management abilities and comes up with some of the dumbest play calls at the most inopportune times to fritter away wins or make easy wins into nailbiters, sure he's great. Flores is the only reason the team is barely sniffing the playoffs at the moment, he's a defensive genius and what he's done with that perennially under-achieving Vikings defense is damn near miraculous.

Seems like SDSU hired someone with similar or even less experience as their head coach. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Polasek looks like the best hire, but that doesn't mean Roll wasn't a good candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    Seems like SDSU hired someone with similar or even less experience as their head coach. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Polasek looks like the best hire, but that doesn't mean Roll wasn't a good candidate.
    And we'll see how he does once his "SDSU team of the century" players are gone and he has to build his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I would say yes. But that’s just me.
    No problem

https://chat.openai.com/share/56073c...0-9631aade0d91
    Don't believe everything you think.

Thanks - At first glance, it looks convincing. That said, if you look at the results of your second question, for the vast majority of them you’ll see “…was XXX at multiple/various colleges before becoming head coach…”

Roehl went from West Fargo HS to NDSU. I don’t think there is an adequate comparison out there, but I think we can agree (hopefully we can) that I’m willing to be convinced otherwise.

(FWIW, I was generally in favor of giving Tyler a shot for various reasons, but I completely understand going a different direction, too).

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Thanks - At first glance, it looks convincing. That said, if you look at the results of your second question, for the vast majority of them you’ll see “…was XXX at multiple/various colleges before becoming head coach…”

Roehl went from West Fargo HS to NDSU. I don’t think there is an adequate comparison out there, but I think we can agree (hopefully we can) that I’m willing to be convinced otherwise.

(FWIW, I was generally in favor of giving Tyler a shot for various reasons, but I completely understand going a different direction, too).
    Yes there does seem to be some preference for job hoppers but as GFBison points out we don’t have to look very far for another one of your anecdotes that seems to be working out so far.

I was just trying to address the objection based only on age. It is not necessarily relevant IMHO.

I’m onboard with the path they are on but I feel Tyler would have also been a sound choice.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Yes there does seem to be some preference for job hoppers but as GFBison points out we don’t have to look very far for another one of your anecdotes that seems to be working out so far.

I was just trying to address the objection based only on age. It is not necessarily relevant IMHO.

I’m onboard with the path they are on but I feel Tyler would have also been a sound choice.
    I’m definitely more interested to see how Rogers does next year when he loses 75% of his starters.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    And we'll see how he does once his "SDSU team of the century" players are gone and he has to build his own team.
    It really is going to be fun to watch how things go for SDSU. Both with having a new coach and with being the top dog on the hill now. They will have more P5 eyes on them waiting to pick guys off in the portal with the amount of success they have had in the last 2+ years. I've been thinking the same thing about Jimmy Rogers as we keep hashing over Roehl not having enough out of Fargo experience. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    It really is going to be fun to watch how things go for SDSU. Both with having a new coach and with being the top dog on the hill now. They will have more P5 eyes on them waiting to pick guys off in the portal with the amount of success they have had in the last 2+ years. I've been thinking the same thing about Jimmy Rogers as we keep hashing over Roehl not having enough out of Fargo experience. We shall see.
    It reminds me of the team led by Brock when Bohl was leaving. That team was seasoned and was on autopilot. They just knew what to do.
    The proof is in the pudding. We shall see…
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans