Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1974 Pictures

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1974 Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Those are from 1973
    Jay Baumberger was the senior qb on the 1973 team. The picture might be from the undies game, which the Bison won. It is hard to read the caption other than Jay's name.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Jay Baumberger was the senior qb on the 1973 team. The picture might be from the undies game, which the Bison won. It is hard to read the caption other than Jay's name.
    Paul Walzack was the other QB who played.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I have been going through tons of files on an old external hard drive of mine... and this picture popped up. I have no idea where it came from. I posted it on Facebook too... and Steve Olmstead wrote this... "This picture is of me #68 Steve Olmstead from Moorhead on the ground. Quarterback #12 Jay Bomberger from Great Falls, Montana and Naval Academy transfer... and #56 Pat Long from Onalaska, Wiscosin... University of Iowa transfer.".... Steve wrote that it's from 1974. Doesn't really matter.
    Olmsted didnt start in 73. That is Jon Hanson the rt guard on the ground. Jons Brother was later the President at NDSU and was a tackle at NDSU that went on to play in the NFL . Olmstead was also my roommate in 73 And I wasnt at NDSU in 74.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-21-2023 at 11:06 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    I assume that’s you in the middle of the picture? Looks more like a #56 but my eyes also see #55. Donnie Siverson is from my hometown.

It’s neat to see these older photos.
    Donnie is a good friend of my cousin from Brookings. Just found that out this last football season. Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Yes that is Jay and yes it was the UND game. Their nose guard did not have a good day. They went through two of them that day.

Olmsted didnt start in 73. That is Jon Hanson the rt guard on the ground. Jons Brother was later the President at NDSU and was a tackle at NDSU that went on to play in the NFL . Olmstead was also my roommate in 73 And I wasnt at NDSU in 74.
    Dick Hanson, played a year or two for the Giants, I think. Was the interim after Chapman left. Took a lot of crap for it, but really kept things together that year while we searched for Bresciani. The financial situation was a lot worse than the university ever let on....

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dick handed me my degree, his hands were HUGE

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Dick handed me my degree, his hands were HUGE

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Funny the things we remember when we graduate.

Off-topic, the President who handed me my diploma was Laurel Loftsgaard who was born in HOOPLE. I just remembered that.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Dick Hanson, played a year or two for the Giants, I think. Was the interim after Chapman left. Took a lot of crap for it, but really kept things together that year while we searched for Bresciani. The financial situation was a lot worse than the university ever let on....
    And to think there were those that bitched that he was the interm pres???????

And to think there were those that bitched that he was the interm pres???????
    Yeah, a guy with great NDSU history whose only concern was the institution…