Default Re: GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Put me on ignore if your that bothered by me. Find your safe space
    My safe space get over yourself
    I’m not the one all worked up that someone sees it differently then I do
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You're right, I haven't watched because it's an absolute snoozefest to watch. You can get mad at me all you want, but if an actual fan of college basketball feels this way about NDSU basketball, how do you think the average person feels about it?

Perception is reality man.
    I attend nearly every game and enjoy the heck out of it
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I attend nearly every game and enjoy the heck out of it
    That's fantastic, but your experience is clearly not the view of the broader fanbase/community. NDSU basketball has the most untapped potential of any of their sports and they are just letting it sit in mediocrity - the safe zone. Football is tapped out at the FCS level - you know what would help raise the profile to a conference? A better basketball program.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    For you Richman apologists it always keeps coming back to funding yet we a higher budget now than we did under Miles and Phillips, not to mention better facilities and yet we can't compete like we did under those coaches. What the hell don't you get that Richman fucking sucks? Why should we give him more money when it's clear he isn't getting the ROI now??
    Agree 100% I would add the conference sucks now as well.

That's fantastic, but your experience is clearly not the view of the broader fanbase/community. NDSU basketball has the most untapped potential of any of their sports and they are just letting it sit in mediocrity - the safe zone. Football is tapped out at the FCS level - you know what would help raise the profile to a conference? A better basketball program.
    I agree with this, but I’m no basketball expert. I still can’t get over having a guy like Nelson on our squad and performing the way we did all year last year and in the tournament. Feels like we can do much better.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We did fuck all with Grant Nelson, which should be a crime itself. We aren't going to have many players that match up with high major players, at least we had some big games scheduled...that we didn't have a prayer in.

Dave's system SUCKS. When is the last time we had a legit PG? LA?
    I draw the line here, DWT is a phenomenal PG, he's been our most consistent player all season. I love what he brings and he's only a sophomore.

Everybody talks about how we didn't win enough with Grant Nelson, what people seem to forget is that Grant was not the Grant that got all the internet hype and NBA looks and everything else until the 2nd half of last season. His first 2 years were filled with inconsistency, getting pushed around physically, turning the ball over when he tried to drive and having trouble staying on the court due to foul trouble. He developed in this program, got some meat on his bones, became a better ball handler, a more consistent shooter and learned to play defense without fouling. If Grant was back on the team this year we'd likely be sitting at 11-2 and the overwhelming favorite to win the Summit but instead after spending last year learning how to run the offense through Grant and getting 4 freshman and a sophomore transfer up to speed, this year the team has had to adjust to running the offense differently and getting a couple more guys up to speed.

Now my issue with Dave is the same as many, that shouldn't take until March to accomplish, we had a foreign trip this summer, all of preseason practice and now 2 months of the season. There's no reason this team shouldn't have won both of the games on this road trip. It just feels like there's no sense of urgency to be great at the beginning of the year and I hate it. It's like Dave intentionally holds back so that he can show how much the team improved instead of being great all season long.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I draw the line here, DWT is a phenomenal PG, he's been our most consistent player all season. I love what he brings and he's only a sophomore.

Everybody talks about how we didn't win enough with Grant Nelson, what people seem to forget is that Grant was not the Grant that got all the internet hype and NBA looks and everything else until the 2nd half of last season. His first 2 years were filled with inconsistency, getting pushed around physically, turning the ball over when he tried to drive and having trouble staying on the court due to foul trouble. He developed in this program, got some meat on his bones, became a better ball handler, a more consistent shooter and learned to play defense without fouling. If Grant was back on the team this year we'd likely be sitting at 11-2 and the overwhelming favorite to win the Summit but instead after spending last year learning how to run the offense through Grant and getting 4 freshman and a sophomore transfer up to speed, this year the team has had to adjust to running the offense differently and getting a couple more guys up to speed.

Now my issue with Dave is the same as many, that shouldn't take until March to accomplish, we had a foreign trip this summer, all of preseason practice and now 2 months of the season. There's no reason this team shouldn't have won both of the games on this road trip. It just feels like there's no sense of urgency to be great at the beginning of the year and I hate it. It's like Dave intentionally holds back so that he can show how much the team improved instead of being great all season long.
    Which is really inept coaching. Why does he still have a job?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery