Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

Default Re: GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I am seriously at a loss when was ndsu dominant in basketball?
    JFC, dominant no but we aren't even competitive against other mid-majors anymore. But hey as long as we get to the SLT and maybe win a game all is good right? That's the bar now days baby! Richman's awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    JFC, dominant no but we aren't even competitive against other mid-majors anymore. But hey as long as we get to the SLT and maybe win a game all is good right? That's the bar now days baby! Richman's awesome!!!
    Thats really what it has always been ..........there have been some nice wins over the years but predominantly the same. we are not a high mid major........we are a low mid major.......realistic expectations would help
    TRUST THE PROCESS

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thats really what it has always been ..........there have been some nice wins over the years but predominantly the same. we are not a high mid major........we are a low mid major.......realistic expectations would help
    Why shouldn't NDSU want to aspire to be a high mid major? Just seems ridiculous that we wouldn't want to. Now doing it means making an effort to generate more revenue so some excitement can be generated around the program. Easier said than done. Won't happen if we don't try though.

Lol ok let's keep lowering the expectations until we start to meet them.......

Lol ok let's keep lowering the expectations until we start to meet them.......
    not what i said..........we have played in the last 5 summit championship games........within a game of the dance..........saul cetainly was not that consistent
    we should aspire to be a high mid major......... our rank in budget is 288 in 2023........
    TRUST THE PROCESS

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

not what i said..........we have played in the last 5 summit championship games........within a game of the dance..........saul cetainly was not that consistent
    we should aspire to be a high mid major......... our rank in budget is 288 in 2023........
    Just focusing on winning the Summit Tourney isn't going to generate more excitement. Need to build the fanbase to justify increased spending.

Strommer10 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is exactly correct. Nobody here is expecting dominance in Men's basketball, but every season NDSU struggles mightily for the first 2-3 months. Most of the time looking completely outclassed and uncompetitive.

I get the realistic expectations part. However, most Bison fans would like to see the basketball program build on success that we have had in the past, is that a bad thing?
    The team makes a nice run in March, everyone is happy and excited for the players returning the following year. Then every following season, it looks like the team forgot how to play basketball until around February. Then the cycle repeats itself.

This is where the rub is amongst NDSU fans, some fans are content just being in the summit league championship game. With a 'chip, chair, and a chance' of going to the Big Dance.
    I, and many others, would like NDSU to actually have a chance at WINNING a NCAA tournament game whenever the team makes it. Or at least be really competitive. How does one accomplish that? Not being a 16 seed everytime would be a good start. This takes good performances throughout the ENTIRE regular season, not just in Sioux Falls in March.

We did fuck all with Grant Nelson, which should be a crime itself. We aren't going to have many players that match up with high major players, at least we had some big games scheduled...that we didn't have a prayer in.

Dave's system SUCKS. When is the last time we had a legit PG? LA?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    This is exactly correct. Nobody here is expecting dominance in Men's basketball, but every season NDSU struggles mightily for the first 2-3 months. Most of the time looking completely outclassed and uncompetitive.

I get the realistic expectations part. However, most Bison fans would like to see the basketball program build on success that we have had in the past, is that a bad thing?
    The team makes a nice run in March, everyone is happy and excited for the players returning the following year. Then every following season, it looks like the team forgot how to play basketball until around February. Then the cycle repeats itself.

This is where the rub is amongst NDSU fans, some fans are content just being in the summit league championship game. With a 'chip, chair, and a chance' of going to the Big Dance.
    I, and many others, would like NDSU to actually have a chance at WINNING a NCAA tournament game whenever the team makes it. Or at least be really competitive. How does one accomplish that? Not being a 16 seed everytime would be a good start. This takes good performances throughout the ENTIRE regular season, not just in Sioux Falls in March.
    Do you think that I don’t understand that a good out of conference record would help
    I for sure do
    But all the negativity is hard for some I’m forever gonna be a optimist who I am how I’m wired
    What you guys really want is the basketball team to do more with less
    And while cheering on our football team you want them to spare no expense
    How you can recruit and schedule at different funding levels is a huge contributor to our ability to be successful in our out of conference or early season schedule

The most unfortunate thing imo was that Dave’s best team got Covid eliminated form the dance
    That was a team that could have made noise that could have lead to mome for Dave

The thing I enjoy about Dave is we don’t have the lows we had with Saul
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Do you think that I don’t understand that a good out of conference record would help
    I for sure do
    But all the negativity is hard for some I’m forever gonna be a optimist who I am how I’m wired
    What you guys really want is the basketball team to do more with less
    And while cheering on our football team you want them to spare no expense
    How you can recruit and schedule at different funding levels is a huge contributor to our ability to be successful in our out of conference or early season schedule

The most unfortunate thing imo was that Dave’s best team got Covid eliminated form the dance
    That was a team that could have made noise that could have lead to mome for Dave

The thing I enjoy about Dave is we don’t have the lows we had with Saul
    For you Richman apologists it always keeps coming back to funding yet we a higher budget now than we did under Miles and Phillips, not to mention better facilities and yet we can't compete like we did under those coaches. What the hell don't you get that Richman fucking sucks? Why should we give him more money when it's clear he isn't getting the ROI now??