Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

Default Re: GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post

The thing I enjoy about Dave is we don’t have the lows we had with Saul
    But with Saul, it felt like we had a shot of actually growing into something. Dave is the definition of mediocrity. Couple of cute teams, but it seems like we never take the next step. Saul's teams you could see that the talent was on the roster, just not ready. They aren't even that far off, and there was a huge pay off at the end for Saul...a real tournament win. And, Saul has a better winning percentage than Dave does AND he did it with the shitty ass BSA...so don't give me this "more with less" bullshit. Dave has flat out underachieved given the base he was handed AND a new arena(that, while an upgrade, is still a bit of a meh).

And that covid year still featured losses to the vaunted teams...Utah fucking Tech and Stony Brook. We would have been a 15 seed lol

Saul.jpg

Richman.jpg
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

The best way to put it, which has been stated before, is that Dave is our Bubba.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    For you Richman apologists it always keeps coming back to funding yet we a higher budget now than we did under Miles and Phillips, not to mention better facilities and yet we can't compete like we did under those coaches. What the hell don't you get that Richman fucking sucks? Why should we give him more money when it's clear he isn't getting the ROI now??
    Woah, woah... that is... extreme. This is part of the negativity that unbison was referring to. I know I have been guilty of it too.

Dave is not a bad coach, there are just things that Bison fans/supporters would like to see improvement in. And that is good thing to have fans that care and want to see improvement. Fan/supporter apathy is far, far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    We did fuck all with Grant Nelson, which should be a crime itself. We aren't going to have many players that match up with high major players, at least we had some big games scheduled...that we didn't have a prayer in.

Dave's system SUCKS. When is the last time we had a legit PG? LA?
    We have one right now if you have watched
    We had vinnie
    And if you don’t see the potential blooming in our young guards you have not been watching
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    But with Saul, it felt like we had a shot of actually growing into something. Dave is the definition of mediocrity. Couple of cute teams, but it seems like we never take the next step. Saul's teams you could see that the talent was on the roster, just not ready. They aren't even that far off, and there was a huge pay off at the end for Saul...a real tournament win. And, Saul has a better winning percentage than Dave does AND he did it with the shitty ass BSA...so don't give me this "more with less" bullshit. Dave has flat out underachieved given the base he was handed AND a new arena(that, while an upgrade, is still a bit of a meh).

And that covid year still featured losses to the vaunted teams...Utah fucking Tech and Stony Brook. We would have been a 15 seed lol

Saul.jpg

Richman.jpg
    When we had zastrow at pg Josh Vaughn at shooting guard
    Andy nagel at center Dejuan flowers, Austin pennick and Eric Carlson that brought you hope
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Woah, woah... that is... extreme. This is part of the negativity that unbison was referring to. I know I have been guilty of it too.

Dave is not a bad coach, there are just things that Bison fans/supporters would like to see improvement in. And that is good thing to have fans that care and want to see improvement. Fan/supporter apathy is far, far worse.
    Sorry if that hurts your feelers but it's true he sucks. His recruiting sucks, his offense sucks, his in game coaching sucks and his attitude sucks but other then that I'm sure he's a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Sorry if that hurts your feelers but it's true he sucks. His recruiting sucks, his offense sucks, his in game coaching sucks and his attitude sucks but other then that I'm sure he's a good coach.
    Does it some how make you feel better to be complete douche on a message board
    You have a opinion your entitled to it as I am mine
    No reason to be an ass to people who are fans of the same program
    Unless the rest of your life is that miserable and this somehow brings you joy
    If that’s the case glad I can be a outlet for your misery and self hate
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Does it some how make you feel better to be complete douche on a message board
    You have a opinion your entitled to it as I am mine
    No reason to be an ass to people who are fans of the same program
    Unless the rest of your life is that miserable and this somehow brings you joy
    If that’s the case glad I can be a outlet for your misery and self hate
    Put me on ignore if your that bothered by me. Find your safe space

We have one right now if you have watched
    We had vinnie
    And if you don’t see the potential blooming in our young guards you have not been watching
    You're right, I haven't watched because it's an absolute snoozefest to watch. You can get mad at me all you want, but if an actual fan of college basketball feels this way about NDSU basketball, how do you think the average person feels about it?

Perception is reality man.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Dave is a high floor, low ceiling coach. It is what it is, I no longer get upset about it. I am just completely and totally apaethetic about this program and it appears so is pretty much everyone else. Dave couldn't touch Tim or Saul as a coach, those men elevated this program and took it to levels far beyond what many thought possible. We are a low major program, low budget program because that is exactly what we have leading this program.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.