Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

Default GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

We lost 76-63. We are now 7-6 on the year.

But Summit League tourney.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Default Re: GDT at Southern Illinois, 12/19/23

Tonight was a great experience that will help us grow up as a team, and come March, anything can happen. I think we did some good things tonight, have a lot to work on though.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Tonight was a great experience that will help us grow up as a team, and come March, anything can happen. I think we did some good things tonight, have a lot to work on though.
    lol perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

At least oak hills got us ready?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

Football season is over, game against a solid MVC team and no game thread until it is over. Not a good look but this is what happens when you become a three games in March kind of program.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Football season is over, game against a solid MVC team and no game thread until it is over. Not a good look but this is what happens when you become a three games in March kind of program.
    Maybe the fans are following the teams lead.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Too many turnovers early, couldn't shoot the 3, Boden killing us yet again and Burke and Dissette who played well when in only got 7 minutes each. Boden was down to 34 minutes this game, I'd argue it should be less. 7-17 from the floor and 0-4 from 3 is not going to get it done. Meanwhile Miller went 3-5 and has been playing great, I'd love to see Miller get take half of those attempts from Boden, we need to get the ball in his hands more. Waddles didn't get much of an opportunity with the ball in his hands last night either and has been playing better, both seem like better options than Boden right now. Good news is Feddersen continues to impress, Morgs played decent but got in foul trouble early. Refs were kinda shitty in this one too, bailed SIU out a lot on shots around the rim while DWT, Jacari, Boden were getting hammered and not getting a call at all, Dave got T'd up over it in the first half, didn't help though.

Good news is nobody in the Summit League has the nations leading scorer plus 3 solid big guys to rotate in and a sniper of a shooter like Brown, SIU is a good team so a loss isn't the end of the world but the way we played is a big problem. Need to clean up the turnovers and bad shots, it's just unacceptable 2 months into the season. NDSU hasn't played a solid 40 minutes of basketball yet in typical Dave fashion, I think we'll get there but this weeks games were very frustrating.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    4-6 against D1 competition. It's become the norm under Richman. I've tried in the past to be critical and expect NDSU to perform better in the regular season, but the athletic department has shown that they don't care. So why should the fans care anymore? My desire for NDSU basketball to succeed in the regular season has just turned to apathy at this point. It's depressing that only 3 games matter each season to this athletic department.

NDSU started 1-11 last year against D1 competition, so I guess this year is an improvement... Just depressing that this is our basketball standard under Larsen/Richman.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    4-6 against D1 competition. It's become the norm under Richman. I've tried in the past to be critical and expect NDSU to perform better in the regular season, but the athletic department has shown that they don't care. So why should the fans care anymore? My desire for NDSU basketball to succeed in the regular season has just turned to apathy at this point. It's depressing that only 3 games matter each season to this athletic department.

NDSU started 1-11 last year against D1 competition, so I guess this year is an improvement... Just depressing that this is our basketball standard under Larsen/Richman.
    could not agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post

I am seriously at a loss when was ndsu dominant in basketball?
    TRUST THE PROCESS