Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Is Hazelton not at a big job right now?
    Is/was at Mich St...but hasnt done well as of late and they just hired a new HC who I am assuming wants to rinse that place of all things related to Mel Tucker.

For him to come to NDSU will be about a $750-$800k pay cut.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Is/was at Mich St...but hasnt done well as of late and they just hired a new HC who I am assuming wants to rinse that place of all things related to Mel Tucker.

But it would be a pretty big increase over $0 if he gets let go and can't get hired by another FBS school.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    First year as OC????
    Yup sorry forgot to add that timeline phrase of the thread to my paragraph somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post

He is no longer at MSU, They hired a new DC already
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Hazelton would be an incredible hire if Polasek can swing it - being a first time head coach with a background completely on the offensive side having a DC with that kind of experience would be huge.

On the opposite end of the candidate spectrum if Petrino is leaving I wonder if Goeser finally gets his shot??? He's been at NDSU since 2010 and was one of only 2 assistants (Conor Riley being the other) that stuck with Klieman when Bohl left. He's been a DL coach under 5 DCs at NDSU now (Hazelton, Klieman, Entz, Braun, and Petrino) but he's probably another one, like Roehl, who could be looking to find another spot to help him move up the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hazelton would be an incredible hire if Polasek can swing it - being a first time head coach with a background completely on the offensive side having a DC with that kind of experience would be huge.

On the opposite end of the candidate spectrum if Petrino is leaving I wonder if Goeser finally gets his shot??? He's been at NDSU since 2010 and was one of only 2 assistants (Conor Riley being the other) that stuck with Klieman when Bohl left. He's been a DL coach under 5 DCs at NDSU now (Hazelton, Klieman, Entz, Braun, and Petrino) but he's probably another one, like Roehl, who could be looking to find another spot to help him move up the ladder.
    I don't doubt this at all...my question would be, why now, if he does decide to explore other options (or was this a hypothetical scenario in which Petrino was let go and Goose didn't get the DC job)? After 13 years at NDSU, you would have to think he maybe had other chances previously...

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    I don't doubt this at all...my question would be, why now, if he does decide to explore other options (or was this a hypothetical scenario in which Petrino was let go and Goose didn't get the DC job)? After 13 years at NDSU, you would have to think he maybe had other chances previously...
    I'm just spitballing - I might be mistaken but I'm thinking assistant coaching churn is just getting going as teams finish off their seasons so assistants are let go or move on and new head coaches put their staffs together. You would think he's had opportunities to leave in the past considering how long he's been here and how much success the team has had.

So Roehl has a job here if he wants it is what I'm getting from ya'll?

Did Petrino take another job elsewhere or was he just not retained? Wasn't a fan of him at all.

Polasek, Roehl, Hazelton, the UND OL Coach (apparently he worked at Iowa with Polasek). That would be the best staff in FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He is no longer at MSU, They hired a new DC already
    From the Golden Gophers I believe.
    Don't believe everything you think.