Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    38 points per game is inept huh? I can only imagine if it was "ept"... on top of that I hear Entz recruited a bunch a bums. So a real OC with real recruits would put something like 70 a game I guess...
    Again, i'd like you to discuss this with HerdBot before posting again. Unreal.....

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree #1 is fixing the defense...no questions there. But #2 has to be to fix our run game. Our running back stats are pathetic...and that translates to a lot of 3rd and longs...which we were fortunate to convert a fair share of...but that comes back to bite a team against good competition.
    You know shit is getting serious when there are no * situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    then you'll apologize for arguing later.
    I gotta fill that “apology-shaped” hole in my heart somehow…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Just since i'm on a posting spree...if I was OC, i woiuld have gave TW 30 carries a game even if it took 12 possessions? Dumb

Tackle Football....start doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by 870XPRS View Post
    You know shit is getting serious when there are no * situations.
    Yep. Nothing funny about this season. Proud they made it as far as they did...but there is serious work to be done to get the team back to the standard.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Exactly. If someone would have said 17 points would win the game prior to kickoff we would have laughed.

Offense cost us the Montana game plain and simple.
    I have to disagree. The offense did enough and outscored UM offense in regulation. Special teams OTOH did not hold up their end. It was a colossal screw up to kick it to Bergen. Game should have been decided in regulation.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I have to disagree. The offense did enough and outscored UM offense in regulation. Special teams OTOH did not hold up their end. It was a colossal screw up to kick it to Bergen. Game should have been decided in regulation.
    Quite frankly I disagree. They had it covered well. There was a massive block in the back that was not called. That return should have been overturned.

Additionally, the punt was set up on a very very very iffy intentional grounding call which pinned NDSU back.

I say this as being someone who rarely blames the refs, but in this case, I’m going to call it how I see it. Montana received a gift on that TD.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Yep. Nothing funny about this season. Proud they made it as far as they did...but there is serious work to be done to get the team back to the standard.
    Yep, I understand....Bisonville and NDSU football are the same reality. All levels of seriousness should be taken in these dire times. I for one respect your leadership in this endeavor.*

*kinda**
    **not really***
    ***but as a seasoned vet of the internet, i do.

Quote Originally Posted by 870XPRS View Post
    Yep, I understand....Bisonville and NDSU football are the same reality. All levels of seriousness should be taken in these dire times. I for one respect your leadership in this endeavor.*

*kinda**
    **not really***
    ***but as a seasoned vet of the internet, i do.
    Didn't make the font smaller.*

*noob

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So just to recap:

The playcalling sucks
    The quarterback sucks
    The running backs suck
    Oline sucks
    The recruiting sucks
    The TOP/complementary football sucks

Yet we have the top 2 offense in FCS, arguably the best. Averaged 38+ points per game with a defense that often couldn’t get itself off the field.

Maybe the people bitching 24/7 are the ones who suck? Can’t even pick the right coordinator to get mad at lol
    If we had the 2014 offense with Carson would the outcome of this year been any different?

In my opinion, no but that is also why I think TR/Entz have faced criticism for the offense. If in 2014 we had arguably one of the best QBs in program history and we stayed more true to our offensive philosophy, why have we decided to deviate from our previous offensive philosophy when we don't have a QB of that caliber. We could have absolutely thrown the ball all over the field in the Wentz years but I don't recall that being the case. One of the biggest knocks on him in the draft process was how pedestrian his stats were given that he played at the FCS level. As PC previously pointed out, the ypc for the running backs this year was still quite good. They just didn't get many opportunities. We didn't lean on what has been our advantage in the past, the offensive line and physicality. Why get away from what we were doing? Then in the biggest games, our new offensive philosophy doesn't seem to deliver in high leveraged situations. I know the defense was not good. Just don't understand why it was necessary to deviate from what was done previously. I think that is precisely why TR/Entz have faced some criticism regarding the offense. At least if you're going to deviate on offensive philosophy make it so prolific that it might be able to overcome the defensive deficiencies. Just seemed like a change for changes sake.