Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    This whole hiring process was fcked from the beginning by the AD and has only gone down hill from there.
    This, ^^^^ you just said it better eh. Turd Larson.

Lardsin must go!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So how much job security does Matt Larson have? Sounds like a few internal things going on along with the on field issues.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    We hired Polasek for his FBS experience and connections outside of NDSU. Roehl could have made these hires. What happened to his vaunted connections that Roehl lacked?
    Coach Polasek overlapped Coach Landry for a year while at Northern Illinois during Landry’s 3 seasons. Coach Landry returned to Northern Illinois later in 2018, so Coach Polasek could also use his NIU connections as references if he wanted to.

Will Johnson at Oklahoma overlapped with Jamar Cain, who would also be a Polasek FBS connection.

Coach Klieman is also a Polasek FBS connection, even though he is for Coach Roehl as well.

So you can say Coach Roehl has the same connections in at least 2 of the 3 hires, but Coach Polasek did have FBS connections for all 3 hires
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-27-2024 at 06:44 PM.

I have more concerns about the defensive side of the football, there we kind of went with the same crew that wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Maybe Petrino was the issue, I guess we'll find out.

Landry has a good track record and worked under a great coach in Caruso at UST and is now working with an offesnive minded coach. He has plenty of experience, not sure I see the issue here.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    So how much job security does Matt Larson have? Sounds like a few internal things going on along with the on field issues.
    Matt Larson is mediocre, but he made the right hire with Polasek. Both can be true

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Matt Larson is mediocre, but he made the right hire with Polasek. Both can be true

He could leave and I could pop this top in this champagne eh.

Lardsin must go!

For those that care, it’s actually Matt LarsEn. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Actually it's mediocre Matt lardson.

Lardsin must go!

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Thank you. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now. Nails on chalkboard every time I see LARSON.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    What internal things does he have going on? Very frustrated with program, excited for Coach P, but everything else is dumpster fire if you look at where we have been.