Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

More QB under center with traditional RB handoffs would have made the season a lot better and we'd have beat Montana. I'm sure of it. I think it's possible Entz pushed a lot of things on Roehl to change up the offense and some of it backfired. The passing game really developed but I could do without as much shotgun running game. More traditional formation running and then use the improved passing game when you have to.

Defense started slow but improved a lot during the year.

Either way, we had nothing for SDSU this year. That's an all-time team.

I feel really good about the future. They're going to pick up a few more players in the portal to help the short term reload. Tons of recent strong recruits that haven't seen the field yet, BTW.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    More QB under center with traditional RB handoffs would have made the season a lot better and we'd have beat Montana. I'm sure of it. I think it's possible Entz pushed a lot of things on Roehl to change up the offense and some of it backfired. The passing game really developed but I could do without as much shotgun running game. More traditional formation running and then use the improved passing game when you have to.

Defense started slow but improved a lot during the year.

Either way, we had nothing for SDSU this year. That's an all-time team.

I feel really good about the future. They're going to pick up a few more players in the portal to help the short term reload. Tons of recent strong recruits that haven't seen the field yet, BTW.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. Not sure how Polasek and the changes play out but at this point I am much more optimistic about next year than I would have been if Entz hadn't left.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Quite frankly I disagree. They had it covered well. There was a massive block in the back that was not called. That return should have been overturned.

Additionally, the punt was set up on a very very very iffy intentional grounding call which pinned NDSU back.

I say this as being someone who rarely blames the refs, but in this case, I’m going to call it how I see it. Montana received a gift on that TD.
    The intentional grounding was solid. The only way out of it was if he got outside to tackle the box, and that wasn't close. I rewatched the punt return TD a couple times just now and couldn't find an illegal block in the back. There is a potential near where the punt was caught, but the runner was already clear when the contact occurred. There is another potential inside the 10, but I think the runner cut inside, taking the defender out before the block happened.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Indy, do you know anything about the recruit from IN or the high school he's coming from? I think he's a RB, if I remember correctly.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well there hasn’t been a peep out of Roehl during signing day so I’m going to mark him as checked out and moving on.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well there hasn’t been a peep out of Roehl during signing day so I’m going to mark him as checked out and moving on.
    His parting gift was Maxwell Woods to SDSU. So there's that.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    His parting gift was Maxwell Woods to SDSU. So there's that.
    Did Roehl do something? I heard a very different story as to why he ended up going somewhere else.

He decommitted after visiting during the Nova game where their players were huddling in a horse trailer to stay warm. If he loves playing football in a freezing cow pasture more power to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

NDSU's enrollment decline is also Roehl's doing...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Did Roehl do something? I heard a very different story as to why he ended up going somewhere else.

He decommitted after visiting during the Nova game where their players were huddling in a horse trailer to stay warm. If he loves playing football in a freezing cow pasture more power to him.
    Sounds like a lot of bull... eh eh get it??

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    NDSU's enrollment decline is also Roehl's doing...
    Bison QB's haven't succeeded in the NFL because of Roehl.....