Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Definitely sounds like Polasek expects to shake up the staff a bit. He was asked about retaining coaches for continuity moving forward and he astutely pointed out that (paraphrasing) "if continuity was the goal here what are you doing hiring me???"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Definitely sounds like Polasek expects to shake up the staff a bit. He was asked about retaining coaches for continuity moving forward and he astutely pointed out that (paraphrasing) "if continuity was the goal here what are you doing hiring me???"
    I took it as that myself at first and then thought maybe he was saying if continuity was all that matters than what are you doing as a program? You need to look to the future and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I took it as that myself at first and then thought maybe he was saying if continuity was all that matters than what are you doing as a program? You need to look to the future and get better.
    This is how I took based on his follow up comments about moving the program forward

Can’t remember what thread said roehl wasn’t at conference but tweet from izzo

“Steve Crutchley, Randy Hedberg and Tyler Roehl are here as well.“

Apparently they were outside the door.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I just can't see how Grant stays in his role. MAYBE if you take special teams away from him and he can concentrate on just LBs he'd be better? It is real hard to take an objective look at the results of his responsibilities and say it was good.
    His group did play much better later in the year. I would fully agree up until about SIU.

Entz seemed to be “blessed” by Kleiman as next HC and Entz mentioned they kept in contact frequently. I wonder who Polasek will utilize as a mentor. Have to think Bohl is obvious choice but some in athletic department have long memories and know his exit wasn’t smooth. Interesting times.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I thought it was because Walter White (and P Diddy) put out a hit order on him so he decided to leave that region of the country and start his own empire in Rolette/Rolla?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Hell that’s a step up!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Entz seemed to be “blessed” by Kleiman as next HC and Entz mentioned they kept in contact frequently. I wonder who Polasek will utilize as a mentor. Have to think Bohl is obvious choice but some in athletic department have long memories and know his exit wasn’t smooth. Interesting times.
    polasek has lakes whether he wants him or not.

should be enough.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hope Polasek brings AJ Cooper back to coach the defense. Seems unlikely, as he just got on staff at ASU a couple years ago and he's from Arizona but his wife is from Kindred.

Journey man position coach, with some special teams mixed in, so this might be his chance to cut his teeth at d coordinator and if things go well get himself a nice P4 gig in a few years.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Hope Polasek brings AJ Cooper back to coach the defense. Seems unlikely, as he just got on staff at ASU a couple years ago and he's from Arizona but his wife is from Kindred.

Journey man position coach, with some special teams mixed in, so this might be his chance to cut his teeth at d coordinator and if things go well get himself a nice P4 gig in a few years.
    I hope not.