Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Who is retained? Who leaves? What are we hearing on who's coming?

Ross tweeted this last night and makes a lot of sense. UND's message board also hinting at this happening. Where there is smoke...

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Who is retained? Who leaves? What are we hearing on who's coming?

Ross tweeted this last night and makes a lot of sense. UND's message board also hinting at this happening. Where there is smoke...

It would be nice to have an actual OL coach in to oversee that position group. Roehl, Hedberg, Goeser all sticking around? I think the biggest question mark, aside of Roehl, would be if Polasek retains Petrino as the DC, or looks to bring in his own guy?

Oline, LBers and ST's are the biggest coaching issues that need to be improved IMO.

I think the OC job is Roehls if he wants it. Iowa ties at OL would be great. Retain Goeser. Maybe Hedberg, Grant Olson, Lewis Walker? Need some continuity. Some defensive staff probably gone.

John Richardson might be ready to be DC. He always came off as a good recruiter to me. Bison defense does need to get back to basics. Need to get fast again.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 01-12-2024 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    It would be nice to have an actual OL coach in to oversee that position group. Roehl, Hedberg, Goeser all sticking around? I think the biggest question mark, aside of Roehl, would be if Polasek retains Petrino as the DC, or looks to bring in his own guy?
    I think he has to keep Hedberg - he's coached Cam and Cole their whole career. Regardless of if Cam comes back or not, it wouldn't make sense to disrupt either of their coaching with a completely new guy.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coaches with NDSU connections on Wyoming's staff:

Gordie Haug (former NDSU RB coach 2012-2013) - Wyoming RB Coach/Executive of Director of Recruiting
    Aaron Bohl - Played at MSUM, Coach Bohl's son, LB Coach at Wyoming

Not sure if either would be interested or are a candidate for a coordinator role. Also if there will be staff changes at Wyoming with Coach Bohl retiring and Polasek leaving.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think he has to keep Hedberg - he's coached Cam and Cole their whole career. Regardless of if Cam comes back or not, it wouldn't make sense to disrupt either of their coaching with a completely new guy.
    What if Cole don't come back either eh?

Lardsin must go!

Aaron Bohl might be able to get some advice from his dad to help our special teams. I recall them being better when Craig Bohl was here - except that roughing the punter call in the Georgia Southern game when they punted from deep in their end and it gave them the ball right back.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hedberg is the lead recruiter for North Dakota I believe and they have history working together here. I'd be shocked if Hedberg wasn't retained.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Aaron Bohl might be able to get some advice from his dad to help our special teams. I recall them being better when Craig Bohl was here - except that roughing the punter call in the Georgia Southern game when they punted from deep in their end and it gave them the ball right back.
    Polasek was special teams coach. I’ll never forget the ESPN cameras panning to the Bison sideline where Bohl was delivering the ass-chewing of a lifetime.