Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

I'm pretty sure it's Tim's job to set the price of tea in China.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    Sad fact of the matter is, every generation gets further removed from agriculture and could really care less about the American farmer. At one time, everybody had an uncle or grandpa that farmed and they used to visit when they were kids. As they grow up and have kids and grandkids, those subsequent generations become less and less interested and removed from the “family farm” and apathy sets in as to where their food comes in. I’m one of those farmers in Cass and it’s really on us to better educate people as to how we truly care for the land and teach them about what we’re doing. That’s assuming you have a willing audience and we have to be willing participants in that process. I’ll be the first to admit, sometimes we’re our own worst enemy.

Scottie nailed it. The price of farm equipment has far out-paced the value of the product in a lot of cases. His $250k combine is used, probably, less than 30 days a year. And I’m just guessing his combine is at least 10-15 years old.
    I thought Scottie's farm tractor was a 1949 International Farmall "M" (wide front of course for the plow furrow) to pull the 3 bottom plow and a "B" Allis Chalmers to pull the 7 ft sickle mower and the 10 ft dump rake to make hay. I would never have thought it.......

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Did you Ask Jeeves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know what Prodigy is but all the rest of you two guys references are quite nostalgic.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I thought Scottie's farm tractor was a 1949 International Farmall "M" (wide front of course for the plow furrow) to pull the 3 bottom plow and a "B" Allis Chalmers to pull the 7 ft sickle mower and the 10 ft dump rake to make hay. I would never have thought it.......
    Minnesota Moline.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    I don't know what Prodigy is but all the rest of you two guys references are quite nostalgic.
    If you didnt have the joy of anonymously mailed Prodigy service disks (floppy or CD) or magazine inserts, you're really missing out, it was a proto-AOL...

prodigy.jpgprodigyfloppy.jpgprodigycd.jpg

You can still enjoy an emulated experience here... https://archive.org/details/prodigydemo_SoftwareLibrary

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=NI4NI;1655534]Common sense would indicate that as food becomes more and more expensive people would become better educated about the struggles of our farmers. Sadly common sense is no longer a common commodity. In fact as food prices have skyrocketed, some evil ones use this to blame and vilify the farmers. /QUOTE]

It is probably the "middleman" who contributes somewhat to higher food prices. By the way, WHO is the middleman? I have never met a person who when I ask what they do for a living, they reply, "I am a middleman." LOL.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=AlumniGreen;1655607]
    Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Common sense would indicate that as food becomes more and more expensive people would become better educated about the struggles of our farmers. Sadly common sense is no longer a common commodity. In fact as food prices have skyrocketed, some evil ones use this to blame and vilify the farmers. /QUOTE]

It is probably the "middleman" who contributes somewhat to higher food prices. By the way, WHO is the middleman? I have never met a person who when I ask what they do for a living, they reply, "I am a middleman." LOL.
    Feedlots, Cattle buyers, Packers, Wholesalers, Retailers....Speaking for the livestock end of the industry.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=mtoutfitter;1655614]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post

Feedlots, Cattle buyers, Packers, Wholesalers, Retailers....Speaking for the livestock end of the industry.
    To be fair, most industries have 'middlemen'.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=NI4NI;1655618]
    Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post

To be fair, most industries have 'middlemen'.
    I was just answering Alumni Green's question about "who are the middlemen"
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Izzo reported earlier that it looks like Polasek needs to hire a CB coach too. Lewis Walker going back to Monmouth to be their DC.

https://x.com/domizzowday/status/174...s_A8kKzcXrRkKg

Now I see that the tweet has been deleted. So maybe it wasn't true.