Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Easton Stick came in with a completely brand new staff and he only became the winningest QB in college football history and he switched coordinators twice

How did the defense respond in 2019 with a brand new DC with no Bison experience or D1 coordinator experience? David Braun did alright

How did the offense respond in 2019 with 3 new coaches and a 1st time OC? Went undefeated. QB threw 0 picks and was a 1st round pick a year later

Well be fine. Players get it

So now we're on the coaches don't matter bandwagon? A heads up once in awhile would be nice so I don't get whiplash from the constant opinion changes around here to fit the narrative of the day...

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Thank you. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now. Nails on chalkboard every time I see LARSON.
    I think it's hilarious how long he's been here and we don't even get his name right. Something about proof in the pudding or Something Something.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Thank you. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now. Nails on chalkboard every time I see LARSON.
    Lardsin. Eh.

Lardsin must go!

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I think it's hilarious how long he's been here and we don't even get his name right. Something about proof in the pudding or Something Something.
    Maybe it goes back to some long forgotten Viking war between we Norwegians and those Danes.

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Maybe it was Dale Carnegie who said it but the "most important thing to a person is his name." I like to spell it correctly even if I am not a fan of Matt Larsen.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    So now we're on the coaches don't matter bandwagon? A heads up once in awhile would be nice so I don't get whiplash from the constant opinion changes around here to fit the narrative of the day...
    Coaches matter if they are good coaches. But lets not reinvent history and pretend David Braun was some flashy hire. His resume was very limited but he was a great DC. No reason to believe Polaseks hires wont be good

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Coaches matter if they are good coaches. But lets not reinvent history and pretend David Braun was some flashy hire. His resume was very limited but he was a great DC. No reason to believe Polaseks hires wont be good
    The defense sucked last year under Braun? The worst defense in 10 years doesn’t equate to a good hire.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    The defense sucked last year under Braun? The worst defense in 10 years doesn’t equate to a good hire.
    IIRC his 19 and 21 defenses were outstanding? Didn't count 20 as it was hard to get a good read on that spring season. Not sure on his last yrs defense, which was 22.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    IIRC his 19 and 21 defenses were outstanding? Didn't count 20 as it was hard to get a good read on that spring season. Not sure on his last yrs defense, which was 22.
    If I recall correctly, Braun's defense in 2022 (points given up per game) was almost as bad as the defense in 2023 without him. But then some of the things he set in motion like having smaller and quicker lineman and smaller linebackers bit us in the butt. Also, the quality of recruited defensive lineman and linebackers during Braun's time at NDSU was not as good as prior years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Braun was the head coach at a Big Ten team last year so yeah it was a tremendous hire

The new guy (Petrino) sucked and Polasek fired him but we looked pretty damn good late in the year, but Entz took more control over the D. I questioned that hire because he couldnt stop SDSU st SIU either

Polasek knows Bison offense and will help with the transition

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com