Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Oh if only I was, NW played none of the big dogs of the B10 this year other than Penn St who smoked them so they had a clear schedule for a B10W title which they failed to secure. They lost to Duke!, Neb and Iowa lol, and barely squeaked out wins against the Goophers in OT, Howard! for Homecoming and a terrible Illinois team to finish the season. Then they barely won a meaningless and absolutely boring Bowl game against a poor Utah who had lost 18 players (mostly starters) to the NFL Draft and Portal including their starting QB and had another handful of starters out with season ending injuries. Let's see how he does this year with Washington, Ohio St and Mich all on the schedule.
    Don't you have to give him some credit for having a winning season after going 1 and 10 the year before? They were competitive against Wisconsin and also beat Maryland, who was a bowl team.

You do have some valid points. Just saying he deserves at least a little atta boy.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

better question is why is it called northwestern bro? northwest of what?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Don't you have to give him some credit for having a winning season after going 1 and 10 the year before? They were competitive against Wisconsin and also beat Maryland, who was a bowl team.

You do have some valid points. Just saying he deserves at least a little atta boy.
    Yeah I think I said he had a somewhat decent season in my first post and good for him. I'm just saying the overly-optimistic huzzahs are both premature and excessive and also ignore the fact that he left one step ahead of the tar and feathers some members were calling for his last season here. If he has a good season next year he'll absolutely deserve all the praise but NW has a much tougher schedule and I doubt they'll be as lucky next season as they were this one.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Oh if only I was, NW played none of the big dogs of the B10 this year other than Penn St who smoked them so they had a clear schedule for a B10W title which they failed to secure. They lost to Duke!, Neb and Iowa lol, and barely squeaked out wins against the Goophers in OT, Howard! for Homecoming and a terrible Illinois team to finish the season. Then they barely won a meaningless and absolutely boring Bowl game against a poor Utah who had lost 18 players (mostly starters) to the NFL Draft and Portal including their starting QB and had another handful of starters out with season ending injuries. Let's see how he does this year with Washington, Ohio St and Mich all on the schedule.
    All those teams you mention should have beat Northwestern based on where they stood in February. But he found a way to beat them. Nobody is saying they beat the top teams in the conference. They were below the bottom but managed to get themselves to the middle of the pack and a winning season. They won one game last year with better players and a similar schedule. They won 8 games this year. To say that isn't amazing accomplishment is mind boggling. Will he repeat it? I have no idea. Will they become a power in the B1G because of him? Unlikely.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Michigan City, Indiana.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Legends. Duh.
    Don't believe everything you think.

At the time it was founded, it was!

IMG_2517.jpg

“Northwestern was founded in 1851 by John Evans, for whom the city of Evanston is named, and eight other lawyers, businessmen and Methodist leaders. Its founding purpose was to serve the NorthwestTerritory, an area that today includes the states of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and parts of Minnesota.”

“They resolved that Northwestern would be one of the principal universities of the American Northwest -- thus the name -- and it became so. As the years passed there was hardly ever a time when the University was not striving to prove itself, improve itself and increase its stature among its peers.“

https://www.crf-usa.org/images/pdf/g...tOrdinance.pdf

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Northwe...f%20Minnesota.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Northwestern couldn't beat st thomas

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Northwestern couldn't beat st thomas
    real question is why's it called st. thomas?

i know tom he ain't no saint bro

scottie's got stories.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

real question is why's it called st. thomas?

i know tom he ain't no saint bro

scottie's got stories.
    You are being a "doubting Thomas."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk