Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Maybe? Or are they going to try and get some coaches that have some kids lined up and take them to NDSU?
    Wouldn't that entail a lot of moving parts on the day before signing day?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

In his intro presser he said he is focused on players, both current and future, through tomorrow.

Then staff. By EOY.

Nothing else would make any sense at all.
    Don't believe everything you think.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    In his intro presser he said he is focused on players, both current and future, through tomorrow.

Then staff. By EOY.

Nothing else would make any sense at all.
    Agree, last minute coaching changes right before signing day feels like a good way to lose recruits.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Wouldn't that entail a lot of moving parts on the day before signing day?
    you are probably right just trying to stay positive lol. they will not announce until after Wed.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Polasek has to cram hundreds of things, both large and small, into 48 hours. I was so impressed with his press conference. Just how "nimble" he was in responding questions, having a bit of humor about himself, having to sleep in DOME years ago, as well as being asked about throwing some item against the glass wall. Was able to be philosophical, able to prioritize, definitely knew the issues of what he was getting too but how grateful he was for the job here but what got me a little teary-eyed the most was when he mentioned his wife. The first time was he had met his wife here at NDSU and he had to stop and regroup, kind of choked up. Then later on, he spoke at length about how she had sacrificed so much for his coaching career, and now he was so happy he could "come home" for her. I believe she is a native ND. So having emotional intelligence. And also speaking about how when he met the players a few days ago, he could tell some of the kids were not real sure about him and his understanding why. That's emotional intelligence to me to admit that he understood why they might not be thrilled with his hire.

I KNOW there will be a Fire Polasek thread some day but I am very glad to see him on board. He has a great depth of experience and, by his own admission, has changed through the years.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Polasek has to cram hundreds of things, both large and small, into 48 hours. I was so impressed with his press conference. Just how "nimble" he was in responding questions, having a bit of humor about himself, having to sleep in DOME years ago, as well as being asked about throwing some item against the glass wall. Was able to be philosophical, able to prioritize, definitely knew the issues of what he was getting too but how grateful he was for the job here but what got me a little teary-eyed the most was when he mentioned his wife. The first time was he had met his wife here at NDSU and he had to stop and regroup, kind of choked up. Then later on, he spoke at length about how she had sacrificed so much for his coaching career, and now he was so happy he could "come home" for her. I believe she is a native ND. So having emotional intelligence. And also speaking about how when he met the players a few days ago, he could tell some of the kids were not real sure about him and his understanding why. That's emotional intelligence to me to admit that he understood why they might not be thrilled with his hire.

I KNOW there will be a Fire Polasek thread some day but I am very glad to see him on board. He has a great depth of experience and, by his own admission, has changed through the years.
    The Fire Polasek, Save Season thread was created in 2015: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ve-the-season! but people have short memories so we could start a new one.

TP has to focus on recruits and the portal right now. Coaching issues can move to the back burner for a little bit. If those coaches want to pursue other gigs, let them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    TP has to focus on recruits and the portal right now. Coaching issues can move to the back burner for a little bit. If those coaches want to pursue other gigs, let them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    As TP said in a Dom Izzo interview that aired today on Hot Mic, its no longer called recruiting, its Roster Management.

Coach P on 1660 when asked if he would be calling plays. “Currently right now we will have Tyler Roehl as out offensive coordinator.”

There still is a chance Tyler leaves, but it sounds like he wants him to stay.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Coach P on 1660 when asked if he would be calling plays. “Currently right now we will have Tyler Roehl as out offensive coordinator.”

There still is a chance Tyler leaves, but it sounds like he wants him to stay.
    Guessing TR is blasting is resume out there. If no bites, he'll stay for one more year and apply during the "normal" hiring season.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.