Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Default Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

If you all had lakes on ignore you could have had this bville experience the entire time.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Did you Ask Jeeves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh man, I was trying to work that one into my post too but it was already getting unwieldy...

internet.jpg

Cool Re: Polasek's Coaching Staff Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    If you all had lakes on ignore you could have had this bville experience the entire time.
    It’s like having Yanni on your Spotify workout playlist. It’s easier to just delete him from the playlist altogether and have Dancing Queen banging on your Walkman instead when you’re trying to hammer out that 10th rep of your bench press at 75#.

Tony’s doing the hard work and spotting for us.
    Last edited by BisonDude; 01-16-2024 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I am in shock, seriously, no purple. I wish non-farmer types had a clue of all the expenses (and uncertainty - weather, and so forth) of being a farmer. Should be a Cliff Notes for Non-farmers. (And from me, no more Imperial Cass stuff - although there are farmers in Cass, I guess).
    Sad fact of the matter is, every generation gets further removed from agriculture and could really care less about the American farmer. At one time, everybody had an uncle or grandpa that farmed and they used to visit when they were kids. As they grow up and have kids and grandkids, those subsequent generations become less and less interested and removed from the “family farm” and apathy sets in as to where their food comes in. I’m one of those farmers in Cass and it’s really on us to better educate people as to how we truly care for the land and teach them about what we’re doing. That’s assuming you have a willing audience and we have to be willing participants in that process. I’ll be the first to admit, sometimes we’re our own worst enemy.

Scottie nailed it. The price of farm equipment has far out-paced the value of the product in a lot of cases. His $250k combine is used, probably, less than 30 days a year. And I’m just guessing his combine is at least 10-15 years old.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Farmers are being abused by monopolists in all directions.

I'm going to get into farming myself in a few years, but it's going not going to be commodity grain crops.
    Last edited by reformedUNDfan; 01-17-2024 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    Sad fact of the matter is, every generation gets further removed from agriculture and could really care less about the American farmer. At one time, everybody had an uncle or grandpa that farmed and they used to visit when they were kids. As they grow up and have kids and grandkids, those subsequent generations become less and less interested and removed from the “family farm” and apathy sets in as to where their food comes in. I’m one of those farmers in Cass and it’s really on us to better educate people as to how we truly care for the land and teach them about what we’re doing. That’s assuming you have a willing audience and we have to be willing participants in that process. I’ll be the first to admit, sometimes we’re our own worst enemy.

Scottie nailed it. The price of farm equipment has far out-paced the value of the product in a lot of cases. His $250k combine is used, probably, less than 30 days a year. And I’m just guessing his combine is at least 10-15 years old.
    I know we are wildly off-topic - I know there is a farming/ranching category elsewhere - but one last comment. The bolded is our family's experience. Every weekend, as kids, we went to one of several farms. Now, just the one cousin (Lake Park/Audobon) and once he is done farming, he will have to sell the land as there is no one left in the family. Then we have no more farm relatives.

I hope farmers can get out the message more. I know farm-to-table is a big deal to some but just the profession of farming, people don't know a lot about it. One of our family farms was sold to the wildlife reserve and so that is gone. I am still in shock about farm equipment costs.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You were begging for him to be let back off moderation. I wouldn’t have been surprised if you were dead serious about suggesting the CEO of our collective have him on as a guest until he informed you how truly harmful his idiocy can be. Eat a little crow and I’ll believe you were saying that in jest.
    Well said!

But I should add I made my sarcastic comment because I am assuming some of the new people might not have known who Burgundy was. With Mr B having just posted I wanted to make sure the new people saw the direct connection and what is really thought of - He Who Shall Not Be Named. In addition, The newbies may not know that Burgundy famously posted how he had left Bisonville because of HWSNBN, as had others…

If I am wrong about some people not knowing who Burgundy is, my apologies.
    But I also am glad that Tony gets to see that one or two of the Bring Back Chapo crowd are not serious about this. Glad to see that! My mistake during the Spring Season of ‘21, when Chapo ran wild with some disgusting stuff, was assuming Tony knew about it. I should have directed it to him in a pm.

Anyways, glad to see the energy and support of the new people towards Bisonville! I don’t have time to post much this winter, but still try to skim what is here to stay caught up on everything NDSU.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    Sad fact of the matter is, every generation gets further removed from agriculture and could really care less about the American farmer.
    Common sense would indicate that as food becomes more and more expensive people would become better educated about the struggles of our farmers. Sadly common sense is no longer a common commodity. In fact as food prices have skyrocketed, some evil ones use this to blame and vilify the farmers.
    There's worse things than high food costs.....like hunger.
    I get a kick out of someone complaining about food prices with their $1,500 phone!

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Common sense would indicate that as food becomes more and more expensive people would become better educated about the struggles of our farmers. Sadly common sense is no longer a common commodity. In fact as food prices have skyrocketed, some evil ones use this to blame and vilify the farmers.
    There's worse things than high food costs.....like hunger.
    I get a kick out of someone complaining about food prices with their $1,500 phone!
    What the hell does this have to do with Polasek's coaching staff?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    What the hell does this have to do with Polasek's coaching staff?
    That train went off the tracks long ago! LOL