Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Larsen’s Future

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Matt Larsen’s Future

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, the rumor is he's going back to Stony Brook? That is a hell of a step down, if true.
    What I saw here was pretty nonspecific about his departure, and who initiated it.
    Same sources here nailed the Polasek hire, fwiw.

Always a chance something has changed or was misinterpreted, I suppose.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know his current contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yeah, I think SafeTeeJ was referencing this one from a decade earlier, which is where my mind went for both of your replies-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc
    Obviously, whoever came up with Biggie from that reference doesn't know their old school rap.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    When I glance at this thread title my brain can’t not see “Matt Larsen’s Failure”
    Lol it’s like a magic eye thing- that’s exactly what I read too
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I've also yet to see any media based info saying he's leaving.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Obviously, whoever came up with Biggie from that reference doesn't know their old school rap.
    Biggie is worlds better than LL though and that's not debatable. LL is a total tool.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He is a stud at fundraising but he did it to pad his resume. His lack of detail set every team back.

Name 1 sport that is better off than it was 5 years ago.

Some of his mistakes include making the entire west side tailgating reserved, ultimately killing the event. His handling of covid. Marketing failures. Ending fan day. Turning the spring game into a non event. Not playing a role in the Fargodome expansion. He couldnt even update the gobison website wirh new facilities pictures. The coaching offices have had huge upgrades and it shows pictures with tube TVs. Game day production is a decade late

I could talk for hours about his failures and lack of attention to detail. Never responded to a single email over the last 8 years
    I mean there's a few sports that are in better places than they were 5 years ago. Baseball, volleyball and women's basketball are all more successful now then they were then, of course women's basketball couldn't have gotten much worse so one could argue the bar was as low as possible but Jory Collins was a great hire. But yes, I would agree with pretty much everything else.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On the Bison report they did not have anything nice to say about Larsen. Timing of the announcement, everything that happened between Entz leaving and now, sounds like the narrative is being pushed for leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, the rumor is he's going back to Stony Brook? That is a hell of a step down, if true.
    Or it could be that he has lots of family around there and wants to be closer to them. Some people thought we were crazy for moving back to Fargo after living in Oregon for 19 years.
    It's OK to not be OK.

So the only rumor of him leaving was from here. So its not even a rumor. Its more of a wish list.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."